1997 Fast road/track/sprint spec C20XE SEIW (sold)

D7PNY

Got a hillclimb (albeit a short one!) This weekend and a sprint next weekend so will see how I feel after those.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I will get cold feet after those.

Cheers,

Dave

the wife thinks I should keep it 

If Carlsberg did Wives......... :)

• Like 1

Listen to your excellent wife...... :)

As Mr Greenstreak said, think carefully...

Andy looked absolutely gutted when the sale went through on his first Westfield. He looked like he spent the entire ownership of the (very pretty) Elise, bitterly regretting it, in fact, he looked gutted. The change in him after buying another Westfield was amazing.

No longer for sale ;)

Thanks for all your encouragement guys.

Dave

Ps.Nice catching up with you today Steve.

In that case I'll try to make it to littleferry to see you.

Do you know what time of day it is on?

Doug

Sat and Sun and usually practice starts around 10 with competition runs in the afternoon from about 1-4 ish. Never been to golspie but I guess the timetable will be similar to normal.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave & Doug

Yea good to see you and the others today, didn't realise that hillclimb was so short but not as hairy as Doune

What was your best time today Dave I guess the Caterham won the class.

Doug I am hoping to go to Golspie on the Saturday

Steve

PS this is the Kylestrome layout for the Sunday

Yeah,it is a little short but still good fun even if it is only 3 corners.

I messed up both my timed runs...missed second gear off the start line both times!Still quick enough for 3rd (just!) But about a second and a half down on my pb!33.4 was my best competition run. Did do a 32.4 in my practice runs which is more wthe ballpark where I should be.

Yeah, the minister engined caterham won and got fastest road car and then 2nd went to the caterham superlight so was positioned as best as I could expect I guess so don't feel too bad about messing up my runs.

Maybe see you up at golspie.

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

After all of my waffle above and deciding to keep the car...I am looking to put it back up for sale so apologies for appearing somewhat indecisive!

Different reasons than before so definitely for sale this time!  Been working on some opportunities at work for some time now and following a meeting on Friday it is looking likely that one will come to fruition.  Great opportunity and exciting times but involves raising a substantial amount of money so having to pool all of my resources.

This unfortunately leaves me in the peculiar situation of needing to sell the westfield now just when I decided I don't want to.

Car is fantastic and a great spec car for reasonable money.

Will sell car and trailer separately so that's not a problem but equally, will make a great value package for someone.

I can now also add to the advert that it is a class winning car ;)

As you can see from the pics, the car looks very presentable for a road/track/sprint car but as mentioned previously it does have some crazing in the gel coat etc.  I can remove the stickers carefully so hopefully avoid lifting any paint,

This is done with a heavy heart but I will hopefully be back in a westfield once the business opportunity bears fruit!

Cheers,

Dave

Some more photos to wet your appetite and one with the car in the trailer to show how the car fits.

464667_605664992785073_532176004_o_zps1c

976630_489981131072772_979337962_o_zpsf0

980920_489977471073138_1569220146_o_zpsb

GolspieJune2013_zps961e1662.jpg

GolspieJune20132_zps50104714.jpg

468805_590594644295035_731879779_o_zpse1

Dave, can't you borrow the money from the bank and keep the car and trailer. You have to work out the cost of selling and buying again in a year or so's time against the interest charges. The car and trailer will still be there if you need to sell.

There's a lot of miss information about bank lending. If you do a good presentation which isn't in cloud cuckoo land you should get a loan.

We have just been offered £100,000 loan if we want it. We don't as they bank with us at the moment - and for free! I'd better do something about that.

Hi Norm,

It is maybe 'possible' without selling but a lot easier if I do.  As there will be funding involved on 'the rest', the more I can pull together the better really.

Short term, I would love to keep it but long term doing this should allow me to enjoy much more toys further down the line ;)

Dave

Dave,  give me a day or two and I will be in touch....might have a buddy after your car....

James 

No problem James, won't be rushing to sell so that's no problem.

Speak soon,

Dave

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.