Favour Needed

Terry Everall

Steve's engine refusing to start for some reason an its 3 sisters this Sat

Its definately the electrics as plugs are a bit wet.I can replace crank sensor and coil pack but do not have a throttle pot ( connects to MBE loom)

Anyone got one available that they could post to me so I can try it? Will return it asap and reimburse postage etc

Terry 07767836234

I take it you mean a Throttle pot, and not a TPS for carbs Terry? (I have a TPS)

Need Throttle pot for MBE throttle bodies

I have an old "Ford" TPS off my Dunnell Zetec injection if it's any help...

Why don't you ring Steve Broughton Terry. He's, the man for MBE stuff as you know!

I also think you should check the date for 3 sisters, I was under the impression it was Sunday, not saturday.....

Also, is there a spark when cranking? If so, then the crank sensor works. If no spark, start with the crank sensor. If it sparks, and won't run, then the TPS may be a problem, but how do you intend to set this up once replaced? Does it not need software? & If you have software, use the trouble shooting to find the fault.....

I also think you should check the date for 3 sisters, I was under the impression it was Sunday, not saturday.....

Also, is there a spark when cranking? If so, then the crank sensor works. If no spark, start with the crank sensor. If it sparks, and won't run, then the TPS may be a problem, but how do you intend to set this up once replaced? Does it not need software? & If you have software, use the trouble shooting to find the fault.....

yes i was about to say that on my dta it records fauly reading [had a dodgy crank sensor once ]and it showed over 14000rpm rev max.

which was causing engine cut out.

throttle pot may just need resetting for open /close settings

Paul

3 sisters is Sunday but need to sort out by Saturday

I hav not testd anything myself but Steve says it tries to fire ( even backfire) and plugs are wet

If crank sensor faulty would it fire at all?

Not sure I have full MBE software but it can bee downloaded so I hope I have a serial lead to connect to ECU

Its a major issue as I am not available until Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him to get it on his trailer and take it somewhere that knows that knows what they are doing to get it sorted - chop chop!

Has he check everything else terry before messing with the electrics such as the actual timing or fuel pressure reg to see if it's over fueling and flooding the car.

fitted new plugs to get it started but within 20 scs it was ovefuelling spewing out nasty exhaust smoke

Spoke to Paul Exon who believes it could be a throttle pot issue

Going to take car to him tomorrow and hope its a simple reinstall of ecu map and check throttle pot etc

if pot is not reset in normal position it will over fuel

Looks like he is up and running with a new throttle pot

:t-up: :t-up: bet he was getting worried