3 abreast bicycle *****************

echoz

Just drove home from work and almost collected a stupid b***h and her crappy bicycle on the way! she was facing the wrong way chatting to the equally retarded nunney riding behind her! Luckily for her I was paying attention, seen them half a mile off and made sure I had plenty of room to avoid once I git to them, but i imagine she will need a new pair of lycra shorts! 

Honest to god, next time this happens, I might just stop ahead of them, then when they get to me, just push every single one of them off! Does one of them really need to die before they realise that their ignorance/arrogance is f***** dangerous! 

And breathe..............

Bicycles don't kill people, people kill idiots who don't know how to ride a bike.

• Like 1

Where I live we have the same problem with horses. The riders  look at you like you`re an alien if your within 20 metres of them and doing more than walking pace. They ride two & three abreast,the horses sh*t all over the road and we`re the enemy. They then get in their cars with thick mud on their tyres ,spreading it along the road and wonder why other road users get the ache with them???

And cyclists....well they are aliens...aren`t they ??

It takes all of my "i am a decent citizen and human" instincts to not mow them all down! Don't get me started on horse riders, especially the ones taht go out on the hunt and let their pack of dogs run amock on a national speed limit piece of road littered with blind bends, infuriates me! 

Well Mark Anson and I both used to ride horses and we are not idiots. Horses can be spooked and play up at times but sometimes roads are needed to get around. Be patient and slow down a bit passing them with a wide berth. Believe me I have seen a few near misses and its not just the rider/horse at fault. In fact often rider go side by side cos its safer due to stopping drivers passing too close to a single rider. A friend of mines wife was killed whilst legally on the road riding on a left hand bend but the driver said he saw her too late!

So a bit of tolerance might help guys. Cyclists in York can be a bit stupid and ride at night with no lights.

My little echo. I'm a bit confused. You say they were 3 abreast. But then say that the one was facing the wrong way talking to the one behind. That leads me to believe that there were two riding in single file.

Just for the record we used to live in horse riding country and it really wasn't a problem to slow down and give them as wide a berth as possible, which on the country lanes around there wasn't much. If I was in the 7 I would just stop, switch off and let them carry on until I could get past without spooking the horses. If I came towards them I stopped and switched off until they were well past.

The alternative was the stupid idiot who was driving too fast down a hill towards the village and hit a horse as he went round a blind bend. Horse had to be put down where he lay. I came across this about 2 minutes after the collision. I could have attacked the driver I was that mad and upset. It was only HM calming me down that stopped me.

As for cyclists I'll bet the percentage of stupid riders is about the same as stupid car drivers. A little patience will save a lot of stress and add about 30 seconds to your journey.

Would she not of been worth 5 points? Or is it 3 now???

Terry, as always, im positive there are many riders of bikes and horses who are not morons, same as there are many drivers of cars who are complete idiots, i always slow down for horses, its after ive pased that i eitehr think what a dangler or thankyou. i live in the countryside so its expected, but some leave you banging your head against the steering wheel after youve gone past!

Norman there was 7 of them, 2 rows of 3 and 1 leading up behind, the woman 3rd along in the first row (on my side of teh road) was facing behind talking to numpty fat man in row 2 on my side of the road, she turned around as i got level with her and her face was a picture, it was a bit close, in retrospect i was a bit hot headed with what i did, and could have given alot more room, but hey, im only human. 

guest i reckon there was a 50 points available for a strike! 

Anyway, what gets me is if walking on path, they ride on path, if driving... They're on the road! The biggest bug bare is the nunneys that ride up the side of traffic then if they get to a red light, pavement, then road again! What about the great parents that lead their children... Leave the child wobbling around behind you trying to keep up, don't worry they won't fall off or get run over!!!

Slightly OT, who else has young parents push a push chair into oncoming traffic and expect you to stop... "IT's a BABY!!!" No, not me.. .Clutch in and ready to brake if needed, slowing a bit... As i'm level and going passed, right foot down, Westfield exhaust lights up like a thunder storm and it's not just the baby that needs a new nappy!

• Like 1

As for cyclists I'll bet the percentage of stupid riders is about the same as stupid car drivers. A little patience will save a lot of stress and add about 30 seconds to your journey.

Norman is correct, I see more idiot driver who do not give cyclists, horse riders and pedestrians a second thought and do kill people!!!!

Yes some cyclists do ride without lights and put themselves in dangerous positions etc but lots of car drivers do too!

I get more upset by pedestrians who cross busy roads near to pedestrian crossings, often dragging children into the road to negotiate moving traffic  :angry: When children then get hurt attempting to do the same, because they learn by example, the car driver is inevitably to blame. Mind you those that adopt the same approach to driving as some cyclists and pedestrians then I suppose it is inevitable that these collisions will occur.

Sorry, but I don't understand this. Was she on the wrong side of the road?

They do alot of cycle run outs near me and on many occasion j have been stuck behing a full lanes width of cycles and sometimes in the oncoming lane. It's like they own the bl**** rd. some of them just deserve knocking off. I always overtake them in my Landy with my foot buried on the accelerator and cover them in soot

I often take HID's horse for walkies down the country lanes , at first I thought it best to keep to the side of the road whenever I heard a car approaching ,leaving as much room as possible for the car to pass .

It didn't take me long to decide this was the wrong thing to do,  and that walking in the center of the road outside  the horse was much safer as it made me a lot more visible to the oncoming traffic who now had to slow down to negotiate the "hazard" , life was a lot safer this way .

I would have to say that for the same reason horse riders and cyclists are better off riding in tandem .

For those of you who think its wrong to slow down or give way , ask yourself what would you do if a dirty great combined harvester was coming  the other way or HGV etc. rather than a horse and rider or a cyclist or two ?

guest , your comments about the mother and pram leave me cold , not saying they are right , in fact they are stupid beyond belief , I have to say its happened to me on more than one occasion , but any driver worth his salt should be aware that people do the daftest things,  its up to us to drive accordingly weather its a young mum pushing a baby in a pram or a child on a bike losing control , I for one wouldnt want them on my concience .

i ride horses regularly and cycle into work, at all times i now have a camera recording so that i can have the evidence when it happens.  I have had several near misses over the last two months and had enough of it