URGENT: PayPal Auto Subscribe Payment

Captain Colonial

Hello all

Looks like we have a bit of an issue, and looks like I'm going to be burning some midnight oil. :bangshead:

If you "upgraded" your boardroom account between 9 PM on 4 January 2012 and 6:30 PM on 7 January 2012 and paid via PayPal, there's a decent chance that your PayPal account is set up to subscribe to the WSCC and pay out your membership renewal fees automatically when due.  This was actually noted at the time and the subscribe feature default was set to "Off" after that time.

The problem has been that many wonderful members were unaware or forgot that it was set on "On" (thanks, PayPal :angry: ) and because they received an automatic renewal reminder email from the boardroom, they kindly paid manually - and now PayPal is busily removing the money a second time. :bangshead:

We are aware of the situation, but I will now have to go through all the transactions, one by one, and find the duplicate membership payments.  I will instruct the Club Treasurer to expedite a refund to all those affected.  Once this is done, I will email all those affected and confirm this.

Can I ask that you please check your PayPal account and ensure your subscribe feature is turned "Off" immediately - click here for instructions - please use Method 1.

If you are affected, there is no need to report it, as I will be going through every transaction in the period mentioned, and you will be contacted afterwards.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue. :(  We're working very hard to fix it.  Thank you.

UPDATE

To prevent this unfortunate situation occurring again, the PayPal subscription feature has now been turned OFF on ALL member accounts.  You may get an email from PayPal to this effect - your membership has NOT been cancelled.

We have identified all affect accounts and emailed all the affected members with a full explanation and apology.  Refunds from PayPal are now being requested and processed, although this might take several working days before PayPal completes this, so please be patient if you've been affected.

Many sincere apologies once again, and thanks for your understanding and support.

UPDATE

Refunds on all incorrect charges have now been processed, so no member has paid twice or paid in error.  All membership records are up to date, all subscriptions deactivated and no further action is required.

Many sincere apologies once again, and thanks for your understanding and support.