Where To Buy Poppers For Tonneau ?

matt nossiter

Don't panic though and make a big thing of it in your mind, before starting.

once you've done the first half a dozen rivets, got into a rhythm etc, you find it so fast and easy you'll wonder why you've not been fastening everything like that!

Excellent advice, thanks. I've bought about twice as many as I need and have some spare GRP to practice on before I'm let loose on the car. TBH the tonneau is more for towing than anything, as I don't fancy the chances of the 'shower cap' staying put at 60mph  :oops:

Not sure how much all "year round" you use the car, but you'd be surprised come winter time just how nice and cosy it makes it having the passenger side closed over while driving. (Obviously, when you're only one up, in the car!)

Not sure how much all "year round" you use the car, but you'd be surprised come winter time just how nice and cosy it makes it having the passenger side closed over while driving. (Obviously, when you're only one up, in the car!)

I second that - in the Scottish 'summer' I frequently have the passenger side covered. Especially useful when you don't have a heater.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks for the advice everyone - all done and fitted:

temporary_zps3vjm8qm3.jpg

temporary_zpsenm3vsz0.jpg

Not the most professional job but I'm happy, came out a lot better than I expected :)