Pembrey And/ Or Loton Vs Dogs

Asterix

Dear all,

Simple question - how dog friendly are pembrey and loton ss events on a scale of 1 to 10?

Where 1 is Mira and hethel (and the dogs risk getting impounded at the security gate and then sold to eastern Europeans for dog trafficking purposes) through to 10 being thoresby and curborough (where you can park away from the racetrack in a field and the dogs can be happily attached to a leash...or a swing ball rope if there's one handy).

Am assuming that anything above 5 is a "yes, I've either taken or seen dogs there at motor racing events".

Adthanksvance

Can't speak for Pembrey - but Loton is a huge NO for dogs. Worse than being impounded - they will probably get shot by the gamekeeper looking out for his deer herd. DO NOT take your dog within a mile of Loton. :(

Nor to pembrey. A friend took theirs a couple of years ago and was told by the bloke in the landrover that patrols the paddock that unless the dog wnet the event would not run.

Can't speak for Pembrey - but Loton is a huge NO for dogs. Worse than being impounded - they will probably get shot by the gamekeeper looking out for his deer herd. DO NOT take your dog within a mile of Loton. :(

Pembrey is definitely a no no for dogs, as are most circuits. Loton however is not as our esteemed Chairman states :) - the last two years I have been there the regs actually states that competitors can have dogs on site but there are conditions (not kept in cars - so in caravans and campervans, not walked on site between certain hours, taken of site to walk at other times, generally keep out of site of public, kept out of restricted areas - paddock and where the deer are). I have had my dog there with no issues. BUT 2012 MAY BE DIFFERENT!!!

If you take a look closely at most regs and circuit rules - you'll find that most circuits do not allow dogs on site*

* albeit not uncommon for a very small number drivers to have their dogs locked in their motorhomes out of sight

To be fair, most hill climb venues do allow dogs if not on display during competition hours. many of the top competitors have dogs and take them with them including Roger Moran

It's not difficult to keep your dog out of sight if you have a camper, park in a quiet corner, and have a dog that doesn't bark, & is happy to be let out for a quick discreet poo over the weekend. The staff don't stop & search, just use your loaf, and don't let anyone know or see it.

Our esteemed chairman proudly walked his 2 standard poodles, in full show, across thepaddock during the event hours at Oliver's Mount a few years ago. He was summarily disciplined, but common sense prevailed and he was allowed to keep them, as long as out of sight. Beware though, there will always be a Tony Fletcher around

Olivers Mount is one of the few places that will allow dogs. i took my old girl there several times and had her tied up to the van on full view without being questioned.

If there's any doubt at all, its best not to take them at all as it could be tricky having travelled 200 miles to refused admittance.

Harewood allows dogs in the trailer field

Curborough allows dogs but not on display in competiton

Shelsley allow them in the trailer field

Proper circuits defo do not allow them

Pembrey is definitely a no no for dogs, as are most circuits. Loton however is not as our esteemed Chairman states :) - the last two years I have been there the regs actually states that competitors can have dogs on site but there are conditions (not kept in cars - so in caravans and campervans, not walked on site between certain hours, taken of site to walk at other times, generally keep out of site of public, kept out of restricted areas - paddock and where the deer are). I have had my dog there with no issues. BUT 2012 MAY BE DIFFERENT!!!

Thanks Paul - I stand erected! All I have to do now is get some dogs then.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a public footpath through the venue, then I guess there is little they can do