[#10146] You Do Not Have Permission To Use The Search System.

WestfieldMX5

I'm trying to use the search function, but I no longer have access:

[#10146] You do not have permission to use the search system.

Is this only for WSCC members?

Yep

Yep

That does seem extremely petty IMHO and i'm a paid up member.

Search function prevents duplicate posts and helps newbies so to have it as an exclusive function will only pi55 people off.

I agree, it was a good way for me to look through things before committing to membership.

Ah well, there's always good old google....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...%2Findex.php%3F

Just use the bit after the search terms that say site:... etc and google will just look through the boardroom. Problem solved?

I was going to mention Google search, but that detracts from the main issue of the site not having a search function of it's own for every single user.

PMs, posting replies in the for sale section, and the search function should be available for all. It really is hurting the site.

PMs, posting replies in the for sale section, and the search function should be available for all. It really is hurting the site.

You're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion, your opinion is nonsense. Do you think this boardroom costs nothing to run and maintain? If non-members can have all the same privileges as paying members, what's the point of joining? If you'd like to set up a site and administer and maintain it that would ever be a pimple on this site, and do it for free while dealing with the high and lows of society, I invite you to do it and wish you the best of luck. People who aren't members should count themselves fortunate they can post in here at all and get the seemingly endless patience and wisdom of paid up members who respond because they want to share their passion of Westfields with others - many sites won't be so accommodating.

Nothing personal and not having a pop at you directly. I'm usually quite neutral. But I couldn't disagree more.

• Like 5

Just to clarify my earlier comment, I agree with the Captain about the posts and access but i think the search should be available.

Those who don't want to pay to be members but want to search for free...here's my gift to you via the superb Gadgetman:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/90529-boardroom-searches/page__hl__%2Bgoogle+%2Bsearch__fromsearch__1

There you go technology at its best!!

You're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion, your opinion is nonsense. Do you think this boardroom costs nothing to run and maintain? If non-members can have all the same privileges as paying members, what's the point of joining? If you'd like to set up a site and administer and maintain it that would ever be a pimple on this site, and do it for free while dealing with the high and lows of society, I invite you to do it and wish you the best of luck. People who aren't members should count themselves fortunate they can post in here at all and get the seemingly endless patience and wisdom of paid up members who respond because they want to share their passion of Westfields with others - many sites won't be so accommodating.

Nothing personal and not having a pop at you directly. I'm usually quite neutral. But I couldn't disagree more.

Well...

I joined to get a nice magazine, get discounts on products and insurance, but most of all, to support the club.

I am a member of several other car forums, some of them I have paid for, most not.

All of them manage to run PMs, replies to FS items, and a search free of charge. Only WSCC hampers non members in this way. If you can name me another car forum that does this, i'll be impressed!

If you move to forums other than cars, I get everything for free!!

As for revenue streams, this site advertises so you have your main one right there.

In a day where pretty much everything on the internet is 'free', people will simply not join up to a site that doesn't offer up basic expected features.

After all, you don't pay for facebook, you don't pay for twitter, you don't pay for google etc etc...

Like you said, we both have our opinions, just that it is my opinion that your opinion is stuck in the last Millennium.

As a paid up member, I would carry on paying if these features were free.

I'm also willing to say that over 95% of paid up members would not be put off from continuing paid up membership if these features were free and the other 5% would have an initial moan about it, before carrying on as normal.

Edited by rocket_rabbit

hi there, first post on the new forum..

as there is a work around given it does seem OTT to then take away the search feature.

it can't cost anything to leave there surely?

the new posts button was very handy IMO - to see current threads in the click of a button is one of those web basics, which if taken away makes any site much less worth re-visiting.

not being able to post in adverts, fine.

not being able to pm - again - fine.

agree these features for paid up members make sense, though then the work around is someone in chat asking for someone to be contacted for them... kinda making more mess of the situation if you ask me and making a bit of a mockery of the rule.

time will tell if the forum has lost visits and members because of the changes.

many have a front page, but then many save in their favorites the "new posts" page for revisits.

Anyway Happy New Year!