burgaler alarms

dombanks

it says on it, modern security systemsseries 3200

i knew i should have just written the code on the damn pannel. we cant really use it anyway as the cats will trip the sensors.

the only reason i got them out ws cos the alarm started chirping as the main box for it has a battery in that had gone wrong.

Thinks its a Scantronic 9800 (re-badged)

Refreshing the NVM

If the user and/or engineer codes are lost, or you want to revert to the factory

default programming, then:

1. First remove mains power before opening the case and then disconnecting

the battery.

2. Identify and remove the NVM chip (IC4) on the main pcb (see Figure 1).

3. Reconnect the battery, then re-apply mains power.

4. Refit the NVM chip (note the locator marker position, see Figure 1).

The end station loads the factory default access codes (User 1: 1234,

engineer: 7890).

5. Carry on to re-program the system.

Testing

http://www.electrical-services.com/images....ser.pdf

http://www.templewood.co.uk/documents/9800Discontinued.pdf

thanks, that sounds kind of complicated.... i have visions of the alarm going off and me not being able to stop it :) might just be easier to get someone in.

thanks, that sounds kind of complicated.... i have visions of the alarm going off and me not being able to stop it :) might just be easier to get someone in.

The outside bell box will sound for the few seconds for which the main panel is without power. It's worth doing, IMHO, because you'll be able to maintain it yourself thereafter. Disabling the tamper circuits is easy when you have to remove sensors for decorating, etc.

Kevin

:) watch this space then..... ill be posting CRAP HELP IT WONT SHUT UP :) lol

if i was to cut the mains power and diconnect the battery would that not shut the whole thing up anyway?

there is deffo some sort of tamper thing on the box as i remember it triggered when they opened it up to replace the battery. scary really that if that code is right then all a burgaler would have to do is break into the house and use that code to shut the alarm up... seems like a waste of time having it if that is the case

Actually, I lied. the alarm will sound when you take the lid off the control panel. You should be able to silence it using the user code.

It will sound again once you remove both battery and mains power from the panel because the sounder outside will have its' own batteries. Once you restore power it will stop.

You'll then have to reprogram the control panel and change the codes away from their defaults.

Kevin

so basically it will go off till i take the chip out and put it back in as per your instructions as i have no idea what the user code is.... so i wont be able to shut it up after i have taken the lid off.

With the system unset remove the lid of the main panel.

Alarm should only beep from the keypad as it's only a tamper fault.

When you remove all power, the external bell should ring outside....this is a good thing if the bell has a back up battery. ;) If it doesn't ring it either has no back-up battery or the battery is knackered.

Once you have done the reset procedure on page 12 of Jumpy07's second link, type in 1234 and it should stop all ringing.

Then go to page 7 in Jumpy07's second link and follow the initial start-up procedure.

Then you can reprogram it and the real fun begins  :D  :p  

Notice the words should in bold.   :laugh:

the 9800 didnt always go back to factory set after refreshing the NVM so you may have to do it a couple of times.

Make sure the battery in the main panel is in good nick by running your hand down the sides checking for any distortion,if there is buy a new one and charge it before you start.