Aaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Norman Verona

How annoying can the French be?

Well Brico Depot (owned by B&Q) have a concrete breaker which is 3/4 size the full size 40 kgs jobbie. It's priced at 159€.

I want to buy one.

We go to Angers (about 3/4 hour away) to get one 3 weeks ago. They are out of stock.

They inform me it should be in stock "next week"

We phone "next week". No it's not in stock, try "next week"

We try "next week". It's not in stock it will be in on the 9th (better than next week)

HM phones this morning. gets the man in the tool department (is that correct?) and asks if the demolition hammer number 230287 is in stock. He starts arguing with her thats it's the wrong number and she doesn't know what she's talking about. She gives him the page number of the catalogue. He refuses to help and gives her a fax number so she can fax her request.

She phones again and get a nicer man (oooher). He looks it up on the ciomputer and says it's not there. She reads him the page number. he gets a catalogue and replays her conversation "Marteau Demmolissier nombre 230287"

No - not in stock, try tomorrow

Help me, these Frenchman will drive me to drink. (oh, I think I'm already there - OK more drink!)

Oi Norm, keep the noise down, people trying to sleep over here :p:D

It's just the same here anyway, B&Q are a nightmare Grrr

Dear Mr Norman Verona....The game is up! :cool:  :cool:  :blues:  :blues:

After extensive enquires by my spy in France

( Monsieur Le Clerc  :cool:   ) the largest illegal  Foie Gras factory has now been identified! :oops:  :oops:

Not only was it hiding under the poorly hidden name of "La Foie"( Foie Gras!) but large amounts of ducks have been seen disappearing over the last few years!

The "Foie Gras" industry as we all know uses large amounts of water.....and who's pond is always going dry? :blues:  :blues:  :devil:

needless to say this evidence will be put forward to the authorities concerned unless a large wad is sent my way!

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:

yours Sincerely

V8 Grunt  :D  :D

Sorry, I'll be quiet.

b****y FRENCH

Sorry.

You're not really assimilated over there yet are you? It's supposed to be l'Aaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

:p

B&Q stands for Been and Queued, apparently.  :durr:

Andy, apparantly Le Foie is liver, La Foie is a prayer.

I need a prayer saying for me even though I don't believe in mumbo-jumbo.

I'm well aware France is shut for Aout, but this started in Juillet. However we don't have many moths at the moment but plenty of wasps!

Clive, thank you for pointing that out. l'Aaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

No idea if screwfix deliver to france. This thing is large and weighs 26 kilos so the carriage will cost as much as the item.

No liver pate factory here, nor is there any religious place of worship unless you call my workshop a holy shrine.

Update.

Phoned Angers, Nantes and Rennes stores every day all "No stock"

So this morning I got the phone numbers for:

Angers

Nantes

Rennes (north)

Rennes (south)

Cholet

Le Mans

Allencon

All say "no stock, phone tomorrow"

Got to Le Mans. Young lady answers in the tool department. I ask if she has stock of the item part number 230287. She answers, without hesitation YES.

I was in the car as quick as you could say "concrete breaker"

Got there and walked to the tool department. One side was closed as someone was filling shelves with a fork lift. I walked to the other side and peered down the closed isle. The person on the fork lift gets out and a nice smiling young lady walks towards me and asks if I'm the man on the telephone. She lets me past the barrier, takes me to a pile of concreter breakers and smiles.

RESULT!!!

Got it back, tried it and it's pefect.

I do love a happy ending - now go break some concrete ya noisy git  :laugh:

Sssshhh, I'm watching the footbal.

More entertaining breaking concrete  :down:  :down: what a complete load of merde (encore)  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

Agree, if it wasn't for our Stevie what would we do?