New Megablade owner

DAZ

Bought myself a megablade this weekend a very tidy car,well worth the trip down to Basingstoke,the only thing bothering me is the stones chips that will appear on the rear arches over time.I know stone chips cannot be avoided but are there any methods of preventing as many stone chips.

DAZ.

p.s if your reading JohnK thanks again for looking over the car

Welcome to the fold Daz, :t-up:

Have you joined the Club yet ? its  :cool:

Stone chips I'm afraid are one of the joys of motoring  :angry:

To quote blatters "try a search"

Seriously though some ideas employed on mine.

Last owner: Black vinyl Fablon - pizz cheap from homebase etc

Results - when i took them off no damage to the rear arches at all.  :cool:

Me - www.motrax.co.uk stick on carbon fibre sheets cut to shape (An idea from here BTW)

Results: well they look cool but at £18quid for an A3 sheet to make them I hoped they would.....

They also do woven ali sheets if you want that Chromed look.

No idea how good they will prove at defending against chips, but as they're thicker than fablon it should be at least as good (i hope!;)

TA

W ;)

:0

DAZ could also try some carbon look stone guards from the factory, some proper carbon stone guards from Plays Kool (you'll need Adobe installed to be adle to open that page), or you could speak to the chaps at Armourfend.

:0

DAZ could also try some carbon look stone guards from the factory, some proper carbon stone guards from Plays Kool (you'll need Adobe installed to be adle to open that page), or you could speak to the chaps at Armourfend.

Do the factory not do 'real' carbon stone guards anymore?

I have factory ones on mine.

Or did you not mention them due to price?

Richard

I've only ever seen them described as "Carbon Effect".

I still can't believe you think it's real carbon........ :p  :D  :0

I've only ever seen them described as "Carbon Effect".

I still can't believe you think it's real carbon........ :p  :D  :0

Maybe it is just carbon lookalikey then!

Same stuff as the inside of your green meanie? :D  :p  :D

:0  :0  :0

And no........ALL my carbon fibre is 100% pre preg, vacuum formed, just like F1, honest to goodness, carbon fibre.

So  :p

Diggle - I gotta say old mate but the carbonny stuff on your car is nothing like that on Blatters snot-mobile  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :D  ;)  :)  ;)

Memories  :D  ;)  :D  :)  :devil:  :D

I do hope you two are taking the p***!

All carbon parts on mine are 100% real too with the exception of the round lights on the back.

And that includes my new Boot box hole cover - or it will if I ever get round to fitting it.

Oh, ****, I got sucked in didn't I.

Still, I'm only young, I still have time to learn! :)

The carbon stuff really is a bit of a waste of money, you know, apart from appearance only. (if you're a tart for carbon).

I cant believe the weight saving on a carbon nose is anymore than 1-2kgs, yet it costs the same as 3 R500 magnesium wheels, that (4) will save 14kgs over Minators!

Plus carbon noses are the first thing to get smashed if you have any whoopsies at a trackday!!

Cheers,

Al.

And when you buy pukka carbon rear arch protectors (if they're the shaped ones, not just flat carbon sheet), they probably cost more than new set of rear arches!

:D

The only external carbon on my car is the rear diffuser (nice), the SBD carbon exhaust (not in the pic, yet....) and the carbon honeycomb boot hole cover. The rest is interior panels and dash, the panel beneath the scuttle, plus the big panel behind the seats.  

I agree it probably doesn't save much weight, (apart from the exhaust, which saves loads), and yes, I'm a tart.........enjoy.........

Mmmmmmmmm.........carbon...............