Honeymoon

Pinto Boy

From Oldman's topic there are some well travelled people on this board so I'd like some advice please.

I'm trying to decide where to go for honeymoon for the first 2 weeks in August '05. Currently Maldives or Tuscany - looking for something relaxing & romantic. Has anyone been to either of these places?

Tuscany  - how hot does it get, I've heard 35C. Is it easy to get food for self catering? Will I get lost easily driving around?

Maldives - is it as great as it looks in the brouchures? August seems the wet season and not that sunny- is it that bad?

Thanks

Luke :D

Self catering on your honeymoon?

That's class!   Get her to the kitchen sink quickly :D:D:D:D:D

What are you worried about the weather for?   I thought honeymoons were spent in bed.

Tuscany is lovely, and the flight times are far more practical too.

We going on a honeymoon on the 2nd Aug 04 for 2 weeks, looked into the maldives but there wasn't that many flights avalible, considered dubi but there was lot of constuction work going on, didn't fancy anywhere on the east coast of america (huricane season) so we settled for egypt, All inclusive 4* private beach £1600  i'll let you know what it was like when we get back, fingers crossed.  And the best thing was she paid for it!!  :t-up: he he

We did Venice, Rome and Florence on our honeymoon and it was fantastic. If you go to Italy make sure you let the hotels know you are honeymooning, most will make an extra special effort then.

I think Venice is one of the most romantic places I have ever been.

Bazzer

The Maldives resorts are as good as they look in the Brochure, but as an alternative try looking at the Seychelles not quite so 'desert island paradise' as the Maldives but still some nice beaches and hotels (or even Mauritius I believe, although not been there)

Most beach resorts around the Indian Ocean are good for relaxing  Mozambique has some very nice looking beaches and resorts (or so the advert that we keep getting on TV at work says) Have a look at this link.

We're thinking of hiring a villa in the middle of nowhere for 2 weeks then doing trips out to Venice, Florence, Rome etc. That's why we'll be S/C so we don't have to share with others.

FWIW, we did Scotland.

Rented a cottage half way between Inverness & John O Groats... Middle of no-where, great views and it turned out to be next door to the castle where Madonna got hitched.

Mark.

That's why we'll be S/C so we don't have to share with others.

I think you may have the wrong website for that  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Good Luck wherever you go  :D  ;)  :D  ;)

And the best thing was she paid for it!!  :t-up: he he

ENJOY!!  It's likely to be the last thing she ever pays for.

Cash flow will only be in one direction from thereon in :D  :D

Mind you in your defence most of it will be wisely spent.eg Westfield upgrades :devil:  :devil:

Fraid I can't recommend Afghanistan at the moment.......but if you can hang fire for ten years,who knows?(Costa de Kabul)....no sea but you can carry on up the Khyber :D

Spent my honymoon at Oulton Park , we both had season ticket and didnt want to waste em !!!

If I was doin it now id go with Majorca (corny? maybe !;)

But man those mountain roads,  just unbelievable, wish I could take the Westy on the plane  :D  :D  :D

Good Luck anyway, wherever you decide  :)  :)  :)

Lots of varying views on Maldives in August (surf the net there is lots of info) - apparently as well as lots of storms, the water clouds from April-Oct so isn't good for diving/snorkeling.  

But on a general note - everyone I know who has been there says it is fabuloso but you must go all inclusive as the food and especially the drink costs £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

pinto boy i can recommend vanuatu ,fly to sydney spend a few days then on to vanuatu.both places are stunning and cheap once you get there due to the s**t aussie dollar.