Main Beam Changeover Switch

Geoff101

Does anyone have a spare Main Beam Changeover rocker switch. The standard 'mini' style one like this:

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/iva-rocker-switch-main-beam-changeover

My car currently has what should be the foot switch you find in a Morris Minor, mounted on the side of the footwell, but not in the right place to press with either your hand or knee. I have no idea what the thinking behind that was...

Fingers crossed you get lucky, but the rocker type switch isn't normally used for main beam on Westfields, or at least it's not been a factory fit way of doing it for at least twenty years! (The factory use a lever type toggle switch for main beam, just like the horn and the standard indicators).

I see. I have some spare spaces as I don't need the wiper or washer switches anymore (or the fan switch that doesn't seem to be connected to anything).

I've got some of the toggle switches. Perhaps I can knock up a blanking plate or something.

Fingers crossed you get lucky, but the rocker type switch isn't normally used for main beam on Westfields, or at least it's not been a factory fit way of doing it for at least twenty years! (The factory use a lever type toggle switch for main beam, just like the horn and the standard indicators).

I was going to say I was surprised to here this then I remembered I think I bought the one linked above (to occupy the space on the standard dash with no heater / screen etc)

What's wrong with the one in the link?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.