In need of a high powered duratec which is road friendly.

YakATAC29

After a very good year with a silvertop 1800 zetec & experiencing all the westfield forum has to offer which include some excellent local meets organised by the lovely Julie from the peak & a cracking day out at a sprint track. Also a special thanks goes to Trev (trevturtle) for helping me so much with the car. He really is a credit to the forum.

After experiencing a ride in a s2000 on the sprint day i am now getting some big ideas & want a lot more power. So the time has come,do i pop a tuned blacktop in or sell & wait for the right car to come along which already tuned up ready for the track but still drive able to use on the road.

After some advise & a lot of thought we came to conclusion that it would be cheaper to sell & buy a different westy. I would love get a s2000 but the budget was a little bit more than i could stretch too. So after some advise from my local rolling road he said a duratec would suit what i was after.

So this morning i sold my silver top to lovely couple from stoke on trent. Sad times :( but its time to move on. So if theres a very well looked after duratec you know where i am?

Thanks Ben & Nat.

• Like 1

Hi Ben & Nat,

Cant help with a car, but make sure you don't rush into it - wait for the right car - it will come up - I waited 12 mths, but it was worth the wait!

Good hunting.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 2

Hi Ben & Nat,

Cant help with a car, but make sure you don't rush into it - wait for the right car - it will come up - I waited 12 mths, but it was worth the wait!

Good hunting.

Cheers

Simon

Thanks for the advise Simon ;)

How powerful Ben?

Youre welcome to take mine for a spin (low powered duratec ~190bhp and not very road friendly) to see if its quick enough. 

If our paths cross on a peaks meet I mean.

That would be a treat Russ lad.. Let us know when your next on a local meet & I'll pop along ;)

Thanks for keeping a eye out for me Julie ;) keep em peeled ! yer Russ is right.. It's just waiting game now. I'm not rushing into anything now I know what I want ;)

• 1 month later...

i have a 200 hp Duratek   fw in red and black 12 plate  I have done lots of nice things for it its got about 6000 miles

I have only done a 1000 scince I got it last feb

never use it now and I   think me and the wife have fell out of love for it

and  more or less got it in nice condition not mint but nearly and may be looking at selling it

all new mintex shoes 

carbon exhaust

nice red harnesses just fitted

full service  plugs oil filter gearbox oil

blinkbox self cancelling indicator system fitted

high rear brake like fitted with wiring concealed in roll bar

tested till sep17 thanks john

9.JPG

2.JPG

5.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.