Track day repairs.

brisca33

Hi, having had an off at Oulton Park on Wednesday i need to start looking out for spares and was wondering will all post lit bonnets and nose cones fit all models?

My car is a 2004 SE with what i think is Kit bodywork, there is a ducted nose cone on ebay at the moment which i fancy but wondered do all model swage lines and profiles match up?, the same applies to bonnets,

I will place a wanted add on the forum once i am clear on compatibility.

Thanks for any help.

The short answer is no, post-lit (assuming you mean everything after the 1985-1987 Westfield 7 and 7SE) is not interchangeable without work. There are significant differences in the dimensions, shape and fit of the various incarnations: narrow lowline, narrow highline, wide "kit" and wide ZK.

You really need to ascertain exactly what you have and to buy the replacements accordingly.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/104285-spot-the-difference-%E2%80%93-bodywork/?view=getnewpost

Thanks for that, i should have said mine is a widebody SE, as for low line/high line is there a set of measurements from the scuttle to body seam to the top of the scuttle?

Thanks for that, i should have said mine is a widebody SE, as for low line/high line is there a set of measurements from the scuttle to body seam to the top of the scuttle?

lowline/ highline only applies to the narrow body. Please see the link I posted above :)

Cable ties.

If cable ties are the answer, why did you go the gaffer tape route Russ? :d

Thanks for the replies, body work is on the back burner for a while as i thought i was going to get away with replacing/straightening a couple of top tubes but it looks like the whole front end is bent and pushed over so it is a body off to repair job.

Does anyone have a front chassis drawing with dimensions? or a bare chassis in the Manchester/Cheshire/North west area that i could measure and take reference points from?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry to hear it, can't help on the chassis side but I will have some spare kit bodywork - cycle wings, bonnet and nosecone - available soon, just let me know if it's any use to you.

I know a couple of businesses who can repair the chassis but you will need to pm me for their details as I'm not going to get into a chassis repair discussion on the forum .

• Like 2

I know a couple of businesses who can repair the chassis but you will need to pm me for their details as I'm not going to get into a chassis repair discussion on the forum .

That might well be the wisest thing I've seen posted in here in years - well done. :t-up:

• Like 1

That might well be the wisest thing I've seen posted in here in years - well done. :t-up:

Did I miss the memo? What's the issue?