Churnett Valley Railway Car Show, Staffs Sun 23 Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Artist's Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS at 9.30 am and follow me to the Churnett Valley Railway where I have booked us in to the car show. It was a bit presumptuous of me, I know, but I am an optimist, er, so don't let me down peeps.

We are travelling through Ashbourne so if you want a pick up at Halfords just shout up.

This will be on Sunday as we cannot come out to play on Saturday.

Who is coming?

If it's a Sunday, I should be OK, I think, will check tomorrow!

Yes it is definitely on a Sunday, Dave, we can't make Saturday, family big birthday. I have spoken to the railway today and we will be free to leave at any time, so I think we will head up to the Roaches Tea Rooms afterwards, like I won't have eaten enough birthday cake on Saturday.

Apparently this high pressure is set to stay over the weekend so the weather might even be OK.

Hoping to come to this but it's weather dependant as it's a big distance for me. Will let you for certain know on Saturday.

Aah Alan, have a great time in Blackpool, tell Ann that Julie reminds her of her last words to me 'never again'  I bet she does!!!   :d

Fingers crossed for Andy and Dave then. Can't believe the weather, even the mountain forecast is still giving a good forecast, I am not looking again just in case they change it  :suspect:

Andy, if you come the quick route via the M1 you will come in on the A632. Just after Walton hospital there is a Texaco petrol station on your left at the traffic lights, it's only 9 miles from there.

There might be my very favourite VX220 at The Roaches later also

:t-up:

Had a few cooling issues to sort out and subject to an uneventful test drive today we will meet you at Halfords, Ashbourne around 10.15?

You may have to prise us out of the M&S cafe though  :)

• Like 1

Yeeaahh, Martyn the Master of Miles replies. Fingers crossed for the test drive then and we will hopefully see you and Sue at Ashourne 10.15  :t-up:

• Like 2

Steady, don't get too excited......I know we let you down last week in favour of caravans but we are back, well for this weekend anyway!

Temperatures ok driving but a little hot in traffic as I think the fan switch temp is too high now where the previous one was too low. Should have used the middle one available!

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice Julie ... I'll be going through Rotherham and using M1 for a couple of junctions so will come off at the A632 (if I get there early enough I believe there is a McDonalds at that junction!).

Have just replaced my sealed front light units with new non sealed versions and have 130% brighter bulbs as well. Tomorrow should be a good test as it will probably be dark enough to have them on when I leave in the morning.

Also thinking of replacing my seats this evening so that should be fun if I run into any difficulties  :d

Sorry, going to have to pass on this.

Got interrupted part way through doing some wiring changes this afternoon for the new lights. Back again now, but in an "it'll take nearly as long to finish as it would to put everything back together" situation, and unfortunately not having a garage means I won't be able to carry on too much longer outside.

...mmmm chrome lights!

So the new seats are all installed!

I was going to wait until the new carpet arrived but these two I found have runners so I can now reach the peddles (yep I'm a short A***!).

Should be in the car park for 09:30 assuming no problems with the car.

I will be there at 9.30. Weather looks OK.. it must be nearly time for double digit layers Julie

• Like 1