What would you do?

Yanto

You wouldn't believe what I spent on Buttercup to maker into the tourer that I wanted and its way more than that.

if you gets you out and about and means you can use the car a lot more and you enjoy the car then its money well spent in my opinion.

But I'm broke  :cry:

The number of people regularly converting cars to aeroscreens does mean there's normally a decent supply of windscreens, wipers etc coming the other way, which can reduce the costs dramatically.

Can you get the wife a part time job to cover the cost.

I like your thinking, all her money goes on running 3 horses, of which only 1 is of use, and when i say of use I mean rideable, the other two are just eating s***ting machines - anyway that's a different topic.

The number of people regularly converting cars to aeroscreens does mean there's normally a decent supply of windscreens, wipers etc coming the other way, which can reduce the costs dramatically.

Yes, I picked mine up (screen, wiper motor, fillet,blades and unused deflectors) from a member in Leicester for £200.

As for seats, there are alternatives to Westfields. I'm looking at these for next year (not in blue and white though :oops: ) and of course you only need one to start with (and not for you !!)

http://www.interiorsseating.co.uk/worldclassseating/RX7V.html

Believe it or not, I'm currently using our old middle front seat from our Defender 90 as the passenger seat and my wife finds it more comfortable than the rather narrow and pinching cheap "7" style one we had - I'm ok with them but then I don't have "child bearing hips" (a common excuse in the female department apparently :rolleyes: ). But next year I'm definitely getting a pair of those RX7V ones.  

As Geoffrey says, at £1700 (Westfield list price) it sounds a lot but undoubtedly worth it as if you bought another car you would almost certainly end up buying "extras" or service items that would all add up to more than you thought you'd budgeted for.

Right folks, I have a definite way forward agreed with the boss;

She is not really that bothered about going out in it next summer, but when I am retired she will be.  That gives me another year with this car.

Additionally, because I normally drive alone I will look at getting me a decent comfortable supportive sports seat in character with the car, it will be the only change I can realistically make.

I think it is time now to close this thread, I have taken on board all comments as it is good to get other peoples views (and what i asked for), also of benefit is reading what has and hasn't worked out for people in real life.

In the long term I will be purchasing a road orientated car (again).

Cheers

Ian