Silverstone GP

XTR2Turbo

circuit days

2 November

£229

My brother and I are taking the radical and a few friends will be their in Lotus and BMWs also.  Were quite a few Westfields there last year.

David

I did this one 2 years ago, was a great day, until I snapped my dry sump pump belt..... ouch, turned out to be expensive! Still....... had a few nice passenger rides in a Nissan GTR after my mishap, that was fun. Was nice to have a garage in the pits too! You'll be glad to know, with a much lighter wallet the car has been faultless this year after rebuilt engine.

A circuit for those with a bit more power I reckon. 

I don't have fond memories of Silverstone GP - I paid £279 and managed only 40 mins before the gearbox roll pin stopped play. 

Some of the cars were hitting 160mph+mph Turbos/supercharged cars but slow in the corners. Don't have to have that speed, it helps but not needed so don't let that put you off. The marshals are very good and will pull in drivers that get a bit excited who start over taking where they shouldn't. It's very well run.

• 1 month later...

Now showing at 169 on circuit days website

Grand Prix circuit open pit lane