October Anglesey event

Terry Everall

I can understand how Maurici feels after the poor organisation, communication & running of the event robbed me of my second timed run on Sunday. What a disappointing and frustrating way to end the weekend. It's a real shame he's so upset though, it does take some of the joy away, it's sad that it had to end that way. But as has been said by others, it's about the season, not just one event.

But it was still a decent weekend with a nice bit of celebrating, a revisiting of my dinner or two and a lovely warm spot for an evening kip, so who am I to complain??

Just to clear up a couple of points though - I may not need to do this but as it's been published on the forum I feel compelled - I had three runs for T2 on Saturday, not five. The second two were at least 10 mins after the first as I'd already returned to the garage and got out of the car. The track was drying, but my last run took place before Maurici's timed run, so it was on the same track with potentially drier conditions for him, and the benefit of his own hired pit babe warming his tyres :d So in reality, pretty equal conditions. The benefit I had was getting a "sighting" lap, although not at much pace since I caught the car in front at Peel. While I do fully understand Maurici's frustration and I feel really upset that he's been caused so much anguish by this, as Nick has said, anything could have happened to me on my run - it was still down to me to drive that lap at that pace in those conditions. I don't doubt for a second that had Tim, Richie, Terry, Del, Garry, Matt, Dave etc etc had the opportunity to go after Maurici, they'd have put slicks on & they'd have gone much quicker, but LDMC only managed to give us 3 runs, so that was all we got.

Really grateful to everyone for their kind comments and support, now and throughout the season, the advice has been free flowing & I've done my best to listen & apply as much of it as I can. You're a great bunch!

I hope we get more competitors next year, I'm not sure what I will do yet and there's a chance I may not be out at all, but I hope to be if I can.

See you all at the awards do!

• Like 3

Thanks Barny. My own hired pitbabe Will be not very happy to Read this. :p

Be sure to tell me in witch class you are next year, just in case I decide to enter again. You are my pending affair, and hopefully we can close this stupid stuff on the track.

-really thought to remember that I saw you going 4 times to the start line(after your proper run), but I was so upset even after the second, so maybe I miss counted that-

As I've said before, is not to lose that hurts, is the feeling of that something was not as it should. You was leading, and all was at your hand, but was too tight to rely in failures on the timmings.

Aniway. I think I was the first in congratulate you and I still keep it.

Let's take appart your last run on sunday... That I don't really understand what happened there. A red flag is a red flag... How can you miss it or they not remembered that was there?

I really think that we should not tell anything to longton. Ive tried to leave them appart as i don't really think they are responsibles of this disaster. Is more the timing team that was not at the level that we should expect.

(Please, make an effort to try to understand what I'm trying to say. I know that is far than perfect but Google translator is not helping today)

• Like 1

Well, that's the first time I've been called a pit babe... Wonder if Sparco will do me a Nomex bikini for next season?

I was also frustrated by the organisational issues that plagued the weekend, and came away pretty deflated. It's a shame because the paddock is usually a great place to be with you lot!

Regarding the tyre warming thing... I found a few events that didn't clash with my calendar, enough to mean I would win the mini championship pretty easily, and Maurici was kind enough to let me use his car in return for some mechanical support. It wasn't as if he was going to let me go second was it :d I'd happily replicate the same arrangenent next season for any of you lot, but you'll have to be prepared to get beaten in your own car with cold tyres ;)

• Like 3

Well, that's the first time I've been called a pit babe... Wonder if Sparco will do me a Nomex bikini for next season?

that would be amazing I pay for it.

Regarding warm tyres... None of my TIMED (in practice it was not control) double drivings was allowed to run out untill the MSA guy checked my tyre temperature and aligned me where he thought was going to be a fair temperature.

I'm already excited to se the nomex bikini... On Adam.

• Like 2

I was also frustrated by the organisational issues that plagued the weekend, and came away pretty deflated. It's a shame because the paddock is usually a great place to be with you lot!

Regarding the tyre warming thing... I found a few events that didn't clash with my calendar, enough to mean I would win the mini championship pretty easily, and Maurici was kind enough to let me use his car in return for some mechanical support. It wasn't as if he was going to let me go second was it :d I'd happily replicate the same arrangenent next season for any of you lot, but you'll have to be prepared to get beaten in your own car with cold tyres ;)

Deal! I'll take a beating from you any day :blush:

And Maurici - you're still my brother from another foreign mother! :d :D

• Like 1

Whilst it sounds like a frustrating weekend, if you analyse the results and dropped scores prior to the event, I think the novice award was always going to Barny unless he suffered a mechanical failure or had a driving disaster.  I don't think the timing changed the outcome at all. 

BLOG now posted

• Like 2

Some photos from last weekend.

More to follow.

If any competitor wants some photos of them/their car, from this weekend, pm me your email address. I've got up to 6 photos of most of the Westfields, and one or two of the single seaters driven by drivers with connections to our club.

My old "sparing Partner":

IMGP5630_zpsxl4pmsdl.jpg

Adam showing the correct apex through the banked hairpin:

IMGP5603_zpsy5wkm3s4.jpg

Richard's lovely supercharged Duratec car:

IMGP5591_zpshfojiwzw.jpg

Tim Nunn charging into the banked hairpin:

IMGP5582_zpsjblmaopl.jpg

Matt's glorious looking car:

IMGP5577_zpstm07h8iu.jpg

The "reverend" Terry (just because I've put his 2 classmates in, wouldn't want him to feel left out! :laugh:  :laugh: )

IMGP5572_zps4ji00xbd.jpg

Paul Morcom in his lovely classic Formula Ford:

IMGP5566_zpslb79v4yb.jpg

Here are some more:

David Cleaver, always fast, and here on opposite lock if I'm not mistaken:

IMGP5737_zpsrur3kilm.jpg

Del Hodder, matching overalls, is this smart or what?

IMGP5674_zpshg8xu7vl.jpg

Sometimes the novices get overlooked, so here's a couple;

Simon Broadbridge:

IMGP5703_zpsw32hmnzf.jpg

and Mike West:

IMGP5754_zpsh7ccwyit.jpg

And at the other end of the experience spectrum, here is our former championship secretary/organiser:

IMGP5663_zpsiftew2sq.jpg

And last but not least, our present secretary.organiser, John:

IMGP5750_zpsjkljevtq.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry Mark, most of the ones of your car have Eve at the wheel, but I think this one is of you:

IMGP5676_zpsx5ynyxlk.jpg

And just to finish off, we cant usually see the top of Snowdon because it tends to have a cloud "hat" even when the sun is shining, but on the Sunday I think I could see it:

IMGP5670_zpstovhxyi8.jpg

With the marks on the grass you couldn't have positioned the Photo of Del better.

With the marks on the grass you couldn't have positioned the Photo of Del better.

I swear the marks on the grass had nothing to do with Del!

Now how much did we agree, Del? :d  :d

• Like 2