On Any Sunday. Brilliant 70's Motorcycle Film.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I have been watching this over the past few days.

It really is a great film and well worth watching.

• Like 1

Yes Geoff it is a great film, it was one of the popular films we used to watch on our motorcycle club film nights back in the seventies. It was a current film then  :o and it brings back a lot of memories of our escapades as I was a motorcycle racer back then!

• Like 1

I like the approach to the racing. They just got on with it.

A few chaps had broken bones so they cut of the casts and carried on.

I think there is also a second film as a follow up.

I have seen racers fall off and strip the skin off there arms and knees, no body armour in those days, and put gaffer tape over the wounds so that they could carry on  ???

I remember seeing it as the 'B' movie at the cinema when I was  a lad.

I shall watch that with interest because Mrs Clapham Omnibus passenger was a bike fan before I met her and introduced her to the prospect of a Lotus Seven one day! She used to pillion on a Royal Enfield Constellation over to the Cellars in Windsor as a sixteen year old! Soon put a stop to that! :o Luckily her mother wasn't too keen on the biker boyfriend anyway...

• Like 1

Watched it last evening. Very entertaining and from a time when everything was far more amateur and accessible. Okay, they were professionals but there was little of the glitz that surrounds racing now. Mind you they were all bonkers! :sheep:

• Like 1