5 3/4" headlights - chrome or black, bit see details!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Just in case I finally get fed up with the Venoms, I'm after a set of 5 3/4 headlights.

I'll be replacing the innards and lenses, so condition of those is irrelevant, it's just the (metalwork) shells I'm interest in.

I quite fancy chrome, having liked the chrome on the Venoms before it rubbed off! But would want the chrome to be in really good condition, or if not, the headlamps to be very cheap, to allow for re-chroming.

But, a cheap black pair, which could be as tatty as you like, would fit an alternative idea!

Would even take shells on their own, though they must have mounts and front trims, if you have another use for the lenses, bulbs etc.

Chrome?

Dave, tut tut :laugh:

• Like 1

The current headlamps are part chrome. Or were until it started rubbing off.

Thanks, will have a look

Many thanks Steven, spoken to the chap on Locost and just sorting out the sale at the moment.

Chrome is king!

Nowt wrong with chrome don't listen to them :)

I haven't!

Chromed headlamps bought and paid for over on Locost Builders :p

And so, another cunning plan begins...

You know me too well...

(Yes, they're on order)

I've rebuilt the infernal Venoms once each, replaced some of the LED's in once, re-wired both, the chrome has largely rubbed off. I had to mend the main beam "flap" on one where it jumped it's mountings, and now I noticed the other night, the LED brightness level in the one I hadn't replaced any in, is wrong. (A mate mentioned it seeded to have occasionally dimmed as we were driving in a group while I had my side lights on. I still love the look and concept, just don't know if I've the will to rebuild one yet again.

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, I'll take them off the car and look at replacing all the LEDs in both of them, if I can find a high quality Cree alternative.

But even then, the "chrome" rings need re-doing, and I noticed the other day that the front lenses have clouded ever so slightly, so need at least a machine polish.

They'd be great lights if you didn't do the miles and didn't drive at night. It's not hard to understand why all the very reputable parts suppliers that used to stock them have dropped them. In fact, frankly, I'd be wary now, knowing what I know, of any stickiest that did sell them!

They'd be great lights if you didn't do the miles and didn't drive at night.

Quite: Crap lights work best during the daytime....

• Like 1

Wrong size but from that "Venom alternatives" thread, the Furore 7" integrated HL/indicator lamps are available in chrome:

https://furoreproducts.co.uk/led-headlight-chrome-pair

Close but not quite...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.