Sorry for making your dogs bark!

dombanks

I'm having to join the lycra clad mamil brigade so popped into evans for a quote. First off was the cost of a bike.... second was the cost of the crap to go with it!

I recon dropping the soap in a prison shower would be more audible to humans! :)

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I was doing there... getting a quote. The add on bits are almost as expensive as the bike!

I'm no bike person but some of them looked really fancy

my dad cycled to work on a 3 speed bike - 4 miles each way and he came home for lunch !!

his dry weather attire was his work clothes and his wet weather setup was his work clothes with a bright yellow oilskin cape !! (I can still smell that oilskin :suspect: )

when he bought his first car I got the bike which was immediately "upgraded" with drop handlebars and painted a nice bright blue (upgraditus in the blood now)  - lasted me for 4 years before I got my first motobike :d

I am selling my mint Giant Talon 4  medium ( suit 5'6" to 6'0" ) on ebay at moment. It cost £500 21 months ago and I have hardly used it. I want £300 for it if anyone is interested call me on 07767836234 as on 24 hours bidding left

I found it far better to look for 0% finance deals than go for the bike to work scheme.

I found it far better to look for 0% finance deals than go for the bike to work scheme.

Why was that? The calculator on the uni site recons I'll save £320 off the total price

Ooh, terry, that is a good deal. I have just bought a Giant Talon 2 that is unused but has been sat in a shed for 4 years. I have bought it off one of the lorry drivers at work but I would have bought yours if I had known. I wore my last bike out, having replaced everything except the frame and forks it has finally died.

Bicycles, they are just like buses, you wait ages for one then 2 come along together.