Cuppa at Curborough Sat 27th August

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Just to reiterate Terry's post in the Speed Series section, come and watch lots of Westfield's on the Sprint course at Curborough, Netherstowe Lane, Lichfield, WS13 8EJ.

Entry is free to spectators. We will be there from lunchtime onwards, come and join us.

We have a few things to do Saturday morning through lunchtime so we may be there a little later, after 2pm I should think. Weather forecast  is good!

• Like 1

Great, I feel an early lunch at Hulme End cafe is in order before wiggling our way through the Peak District and to Curborough, that means no motorway or A38, yeah hay.

Saturday afternoon weather looking very dodgy, heavy showers/thunderstorms forecast  :no:

I'm on university taxi duties.  I'll be along for the next meet. Have fun (if it's dry)

• Like 1

We will still go to this but we will probably leave the driving of Westfield's to the Speed Series members and go in the tin top.

We will still go to this but we will probably leave the driving of Westfield's to the Speed Series members and go in the tin top.

Looks like we will be in the tin top too and equipped with brollies etc.

Instead of the Hulme End cafe we thought we would try somewhere new and went to Newton House on the A515 instead. It was very nice and when it is not raining we will take the Westfield's and sit in that garden. 

DSC08588_zpsxdtv9wur.jpg

We arrived at Curborough and it was warm and dry, surprisingly. We called in at the paddocks before going to watch the first timed runs. I took some photo's using the 'burst' function on my camera. It is the only way I can catch these fast moving cars, that was until I met a very nice man from the East Midlands Posrche Club.

He showed me that my camera had an 'Advanced Sports Shooting' function on it and he showed me how to use it. I had a practice on the Porsche's that he was photographing until the second timed run came out, and then I had a go photographing the Westfield's. I am impressed, it's just that it absolutely tipped it down, with thunder too, and that cut it short. We stuck it out for a while because it was fun watching all the cars wiggling on the corners but T2 was a meaningless figure and we were starting to get wet.

Naturally we retreated to the pub, we tried a new pub, the Blue Bell near Ashbourne, and with SIR driving I even took the opportunity to have a beer with my tea. It rained all the way home so in hindsight the tin top was the right choice of car.

Steve T1 in the dry, camera on burst function

DSC08591_zpsc7tk3jj8.jpg

Steve T2 in the wet, camera on Advanced Sports Shooting function

DSC08674_zps7dqprgss.jpg

T1, in the dry, camera on burst

DSC08612_zpsogfvkozg.jpg

T2, in the wet, camera on sport shoot

DSC08670_zps1mku704h.jpg

• Like 1

John

DSC08624_zpsitjeyspl.jpg

Terry