hi, it's been a while...

timB

Hi, I used to hang out on here about a decade+ ago. I couldn't remember my old 'handle' here so I've gone with this one.

I'm working on getting an '89 narrow bodied SE xFlow back on the road again. The plan is to

• get it running! (electrics are all over the place, need a link to a loom diagram if anyone's got one please)
  • get it mot'd (cycle wings are fouling body - need advice here please. think the old wisdom was to limit the rack with jubilee clips?)
  • attend some events - I'm derbyshire based
  • modernize it/smarten it up... new(to me) dash, switches, steering wheel etc. 

Cheers :)

Welcome back! Nothing's changed except I haven't seen the comment 'do a search' for a while :)

• Like 2

Welcome back  :ww:

Jubilee clips can be used to restrict steering lock as you have described. Also you might find lots of useful information on Tiggers website, including wiring diagrams.

http://westfield-world.com

We are always out and about in the Peak District, feel free to join us any time even if you car is not fixed yet and its just for a cup of tea and a chat at one of our frequent stops for refreshment. Keep an eye on the out and about section for details of when and where we are meeting.

Martyn

• Like 1

Welcome back!

I did have a look "back of house" to see if I could find any trace of your old membership - we can merge them into the new, when we find them, but I suspect it's been on the previous to the previous Boardroom and I'm afraid, not got carried forward at some point in time.

As Martyn said, Jubilee clips have been a common mod over the years, or if you want something a little more solid, RS Components and others do split collars in a variety of sizes that bolt on (Allen bolts, so nice and tidy, with no added bulk).

There's a handy site here, where you can download a lot of the Westfield manuals and some of the wiring diagrams etc. (It's one of the US distributors)

• Like 1

Welcome back :):ww:

I think I found one of your old accounts, that is if you did the Blyton Sunday last year in a 240Z.  If you had other email addresses that you used previously that I could check, that might help.

Nothing's changed except I haven't seen the comment 'do a search' for a while :)

Thank goodness...and if Dave Eastwood sees anyone use that in a real situation here in the forums, expect a knock at the door and a slap with a wet tuna. :angry:;):laugh:

Hopefully we can get you back in the fold as a full member once your 30 day trial period is up. :t-up:

• Like 2

Hi, did you say Derbyshire? great, come and have a brew with us anytime. Although for the next few weekends I seem to be piggy backing on everyone else's events but we do frequent the Peak District, honest.

Julie

• Like 1