Possible Mega s2000 purchaser

M1chaelw

That white one looked great , just rang the seller and unfortunately it sold.

I've also found this :

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608066557639?search-target=usedcars&make=westfield&model=mega&page=1&sort=atcustom&postcode=hd50jb&quicksearch=true&radius=1500&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=2

Does anyone recognise this car? Wondered if it could be a members . Compared to the ones already posted up it seems expensive, but looks like a nice road setup .

Edited by M1chaelw

I haven't seen that one before, you would have to look at it really as the description isn't the best & the photos don't give much away.

Nice stereo though!!!!!!

• Like 1

Only 300 miles in two years? Suspicious? I've done 2000 since April! What's a stereo

The trader clearly knows his stuff, he states non cat exhaust and you can see the cat in the photos :laugh:

Seems expensive to me, it's over that £20k barrier

I did ring to ask for more info on the black one , he told me it was a brand new engine and gearbox from factory . Does that sound right ?, I thought I'd read that even if it was a factory build it would be a donor / reconditioned engine.

Only 300 miles in two years? Suspicious? I've done 2000 since April! What's a stereo

Isn't a stereo what a V8 has?

Usually the factory engines are just sauced second hand like every other build, the factory don't even clean & paint them from what I've seen.

If you you could get a new engine which I doubt it is, it would cost thousands!!! & you would have to import it I would imagine.

Brand new engine and box will cost over £16000! So no, they're not new from the factory, not given they say the car was only £26000 to build. (Which I can fully believe).

It's not got that many expensive options showing, though it really ought to be worth what they're asking, sadly it probably is a bit rich at that.

Likewise, most of the choices or extra cost items seem to be cosmetic related, to reflect the choice of the first owner. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's got upgraded suspension, braking or steering components. Again, that may be a positive, or a negative to you! Depends what you're after.

I could just about swallow the stereo DAB radio if the driver wore headphones or earbuds, but placing speakers into the footwells....Jeez.

:ww:    There is one for sale here---http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-seiw-s2000-track-car/6023317?v=c but it has not been IVA'd.       Seek advice from those who know how to go about the process retrospectively.

Pretty sure that is a members off here?rednop1980 iirc

The only downside is that the car above has no V5 logbook, and has been built for track use only...

The only downside is that the car above has no V5 logbook, and has been built for track use only...

Wouldn't cost a lot to get it IVA ready though if you have the ability to knock up light wiring looms etc :)