Possible Mega s2000 purchaser

M1chaelw

Good evening ,

Thought I'd write a small intro after joining the forum looking at scouting out mega s2000 prices 2nd hand . If anyone can give me some estimates to go off I'd be grateful .

Bit about me :

27 , From Holmfirth ,Huddersfield . Work as a CAD engineer . Previously had a vx220 turbo and currently have a 2.9 Cayman which I'm looking to sell. Fingers crossed I can find a good mega s2000 and join in on some Club meets / runs .

Welcome to the club.

Come along to the next meeting at the Fox and Grapes. It's on Tuesday 6th September, you'll get plenty of advice there.

Or why not join us on the Coast to Coast run, you can come in the Porsche if you want.

Hi Michael.  :ww:

S2000 powered cars are a bit rare on the 2nd hand market but they do come up from time to time.

Due to the fact that they are fairly new and tend to be built to a fairly high spec they tend to fetch upwards of 20K.

If its a Honda car to scratch an itch then fair enough but there are some really good 200BHP+ Duratec cars out there for 13-15K and a few years older.

:ww:    There is one for sale here---http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-seiw-s2000-track-car/6023317?v=c but it has not been IVA'd.       Seek advice from those who know how to go about the process retrospectively.

Err, no ther isn't.  Advert withdrawn.

Thanks for the welcome guys

I've been keeping an eye on the red one that was for sale on PH & I think I saw it on eBay , Looked like a really nice motor. I've currently got my eye on a black one but I'm trying to see if I can dig up any history on it .

The thing that pointed me to the Honda engines car was the 240 bhp and the Honda drive terrain , however I'm open to duratec cars too after initially looking at " caterhams " which I'm guessing is a swear word around these parts . I take it the duratec lump is very reliable too ? Am I right in thinking it's the same engine that was in the fiesta ST?

I'm sure there will be many newbie questions to come , but look forward to meeting everyone at a upcoming event

Regards

Its worth remembering that a standard Honda F20C engine is around 225BHP.

Thats why if its just the power you want it could be found in another engine.

However if it nearly 9000 rpm that you want :devil:

Duratec engines were the replacement to the Zetec and i'm sure others on here with more knowledge will correct me but I think they were the mondeo engine used from 2000-2010 ish. (no doubt other ford cars and the date might be a bit out) :rolleyes:

Err, no ther isn't.  Advert withdrawn.

Only just withdrawn then, it was there at 8:00pm.

Hi & welcome,

There would be a fair bit of work to do on the red one to get it IVA'ed not sure if Ash as fitted a complete loom etc, might be worth speaking with him as he will tell you everything you need to know & if it is doable.

Andy

Thanks for the welcome guys

I've been keeping an eye on the red one that was for sale on PH & I think I saw it on eBay , Looked like a really nice motor. I've currently got my eye on a black one but I'm trying to see if I can dig up any history on it .

The thing that pointed me to the Honda engines car was the 240 bhp and the Honda drive terrain , however I'm open to duratec cars too after initially looking at " caterhams " which I'm guessing is a swear word around these parts . I take it the duratec lump is very reliable too ? Am I right in thinking it's the same engine that was in the fiesta ST?

I'm sure there will be many newbie questions to come , but look forward to meeting everyone at a upcoming event

Regards

Welcome aboard.

Yes the Fiesta ST150 used a Duratec engine - and although it's a 150 (so 150bhp on paper) the addition of a free flowing exhaust and some ITB's will push out 180-190 easy enough on a bog std engine and the Duratec can quite easily be tuned to over 200.

The new beast to use is the Ford EcoBoost as found in the latest Focus ST and by all accounts that makes for one helluva quick car!

There's a guy on here selling a project car, well setup rolling chassis and a very well specced K20 engine for a reasonable price. You could buy that and finish it off. I would have been tempted if I didn't have mine. It will be a beast. For me most of the fun in owning the car was building/modifying it.  

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/120952-brand-new-westfield-seiwidebody-rolling-shell/

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/120948-high-spec-honda-k20-engine-conversion/#entry1271239

definitely worth a look :)