Peel P50

John K

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peel_P50

We got here because Scott identified the P50 as the only production 'car' that can't make 60mph...

I don't know what I'm feeling right now...

Horrified that we live in a country that allows this abomination to be street legal (I can find plastic bags that have a higher NCAP rating)

Immensely proud that we live in a country that allows it's engineers the free reign to come up with such innovative solutions

The latter, as the former would see a lot of the kit fraternity off the road, too.

would you want either to go above 40 that's the question i would only feel safe using them as mobility scooters on the pavement  :p

not sure the 1.2, 3 cylinder corsa I had when why car was bashed would go much faster

Prices start from £12,999 

http://www.peelengineering.com/peels/peel-p50

I know... It just doesn't compute... How many other things could you wazz £13k on before one of these gets onto the list.

But it does get you as standard "They come equipped as standard with an electric windscreen wiper, windscreen washer and a leather seat."

And whilst its possible to buy over priced bling or fashion stuff, at least it sort of looks over priced.

The P50 just looks old and second hand before its new, I don't even think it looks retro.

But perhaps when you see it in Joyville Purple it will all make sense...

Do you think its just an elaborate tax dodge scheme to run an unprofitable company?

More like they are exploiting the Top Gear factor from when Clarkson drove one around for an episode.