Westfield chassis number 1 is for sale.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Will be on sale for a long time at that price. Not worth that, even if it look a nice car and has been for sale for a while now.

With orignal Lotus XI's selling for £100-150K and this one being Westifeld chassis no.1 I would say that it represents very good value for money and I can only see its value increasing over time.

Maybe Mark, but Westfield doesnt have the heritage of other marques and I know how much it cost to build a car so maybe a sensible buy from a Westfield owner but not from Joe Average.

It appears to be at Paul Matty Sports Cars and listed there as sold - so maybe it has or it hasn't but I'm sure they can afford to wait. I suspect if any purchaser tried for it, the car may be eligible for a number of "historic" type events even as a "kit car" given its heritage - anything with that capability adds thousands to the price.

http://paulmattysportscars.co.uk/showroom/

Also look at the prices for original Elans !! - and I had an S3 that I sold for peanuts back in the 70's  :down:  :cry:

So was No1 yours then Chris? - I bet you must be sad to see it go  :down:  but sounds like it might be going to a good home.

It was the first Westfield built even before the name was finalised. And before the company started. Number 2 was built for My old mate Paul Matty...but that was many many years ago. 1982

• Like 2