No Alcohol Beers...

John K

Love a good "bloke I know" story on an Internet forum!! :d

Believe it or not his name is John Smith.  Honestly.......

• Like 1

The lack of decent alternatives is annoying in a pub.... I'm happy enough on coke but it does frustrate me sometimes. I used to end up driving to meet mates for our regular session. 1 pint of beer and then soft drinks usually coke. If I was tired 3 or 4 pints of coke and I would have a shaky slightly dizzy feel as I got back in the car! But hey all legal.

The other thing is the cost. Pints of coke cost as much as beer it takes the p*** frankly.

I'm not sure on the process for removing the alcohol but I would expect it to be what makes them taste crap.

I've just had the best idea since somebody went "I wonder if this petrol stuff is combustible?"

I'm making Beer / Becks Blue shandies..!

And they are properly nice. Just mix it with a decent IPA and it is to my taste a lot more palatable than a traditional lemonade shandy. I find them way to sweet. And certainly less calories...

I brew my own from brewing kits. But a mate of mine does not have a westfield so brews beer in his garage...from raw ingredients. Although clearly it does not get over the alcahol issue at least it's free from the other nasties. Hang overs are easier to live with to :).

I brew my own from brewing kits. But a mate of mine does not have a westfield so brews beer in his garage...from raw ingredients. Although clearly it does not get over the alcahol issue at least it's free from the other nasties. Hang overs are easier to live with to :).

Help must be doing well ... homebrew hangovers are worse for me. :0