No Alcohol Beers...

John K

I like the taste of beer, but I have had to grow up to the fact that drinking x pints every night isn't good for me.

Problem is I like the taste of beer.

So endless soft drinks isn't really an option.

I decided to explore the no alcohol options and I've tried a few, the ones I can remember are...

Clausthaler

Bavaria

Erdinger Wheat

Brewdog Nanny State

San Miguel

A few others…

But they all tasted way too malty, almost like an Ovaltine...

Except for Becks Blue...

It does a reasonable job of passing for a lager. And I've really gotten to like it.

So if you want a NA Beer, give the Blue a go...

• Like 2

Just had a Yodel delivery of 48 long neck bottles of Red Stripe.

What the hell, you only live once!

:d

Started a course of metronidazole antibiotics so no beers for 5 days :(

Becks Blue is the only one I've found palatable.

That's the weekend sorted, what'll you do for next week..?

• Like 1

What the hell, you only live once!

:d

Mmmm nice just Need a nice Jamaican curry goat and a cigar

• Like 1

Work night out this evening, I was driving so tried becks blue having read this thread earlier. It's ok, like a cheap French lager. Most lager-like non alcoholic one I've had, but can't see the point, its only passable as a bad lager, so I'd rather have a ginger beer or lemonade I think.

• Like 2

Work night out this evening, I was driving so tried becks blue having read this thread earlier. It's ok, like a cheap French lager. Most lager-like non alcoholic one I've had, but can't see the point, its only passable as a bad lager, so I'd rather have a ginger beer or lemonade I think.

I am with Barmy on this one, pointless. Might as well ask for a gin and tonic with no gin.

I quite often go for a pint of gunners if I am driving, non alcoholic and very refreshing

• Like 1

The only problem with non alcoholic drinks (coke etc) is they are nearly all very sweet. I don't like sweet drinks though so find very little to actually drink if I'm not drinking!

Tend to do fizzy water or orange juice but only so much oj I can do and that is a bit sweet anyway. So a beer substitute can sometimes fill the gap and Blue is the only one I've found worth paying for.

Can't beat proper beer though. From a proper pump. In a proper glass. Magic.

That's my point Chris, can't beat proper beer, so why bother trying to substitute it.

My view when I am driving is I will just have a couple of drinks and be done with it. No point firing soft drinks down at the same rate as beers go down lol

Bloke I know had a liver transplant about 5 years ago.  Wasn't alcohol related but, nevertheless, he stuck with Becks Blue afterwards.  Last year his doctor told him to start drinking alcoholic beer instead because the Becks Blue was doing him more harm than proper beer would - IIRC he used the word 'poisoning'.......

I have recently discovered Waitrose 1% alcohol cider which tastes just like the real stuff