Megabusa

Wull

Having said that Kev we had two turbo busas with us around the Alps this year. 2400 miles in under 10 days and they didn't seem to suffer.

Yeah no doubt they can do it :)

Just with such high revs at cruising speeds it's all a bit 'buzzy' for my liking and gets on your nerves :d

I find there is a massive difference between cruising at 50-60mph compared to 70-80mph,which in a CEC you wouldn't hardly feel any difference.

Yes, admittedly, one of the BEC's didn't like sitting at anything over a constant 70 on the Autobahns when we were more comfy at 85-90 (aeroscreen & helmet of course)

But on the Alpine twisties, they were happy - full stop!

• Like 2

Yes, admittedly, one of the BEC's didn't like sitting at anything over a constant 70 on the Autobahns when we were more comfy at 85-90 (aeroscreen & helmet of course)

But on the Alpine twisties, they were happy - full stop!

I can sympathize with that - with the current diff, mines a nightmare if I'm in a group that want to sit at 85 or just above, unless I'm barely touching the accelerator, it switches into VTEC, and the fuel gauge drops like a stone. So much so, that any time made up by the speed is co pletely lost by the frequency of fuel stops!

Yet it can cruise at just below a steady 85mph and even on ITB's get in the 200 mile range ballpark.

I get around 25mpg it was about the same before TB's or even a bit worse!

• Like 1

That's a mixture of going for it and cruising?

Yes, but not hanging about! I haven't really noticed much diffrence on track days but never clocked it.

• Like 1

Iv got a megabusa in pretty much standard engine. The things iv learnt...

Look after it as they are very expensive to fix no matter what parts you want. Oil and clutch are the weak points. Look after the oil system like a mummy watching a new born...

Driveability is fine in any situation, you learn to drive it as the clutch is pretty much on and off with not much feathering. You learn quick. It doesnt run out of puff much even in standard form, iv had mine to 133mph as the gearing is limited to about that.

Make sure its dry sumped.

They dont lose performance with a passenger, quite the opposite in mine, the weight being so light it benefits on road with the little bit extra ballast. If you had a big guy in well maybe youll notice but iv not. The fun is just unbeatable, theres nothing to match the performance and sound and grin you'll have.

Just look after it, my last bill was 4 figures.

Andy that's the reason why the bikes were ahead of us on our Alps trip on the longer runs. But as soon as we both went out around alpine twisties the bikes were holding us up!