MBE ecu 956

YakATAC29

I was hoping my old ecu was going to be sent away just needing a new eeprom chip but unfortunately it was worse than I thought with a processor failure & can't be fixed.

I was hoping to save myself the money of having a new ecu & loom by just finding a replacement 956 so I all I need to do is just update the chip file.

If anyone with any ideas to point me in right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks Ben

Oh dear, that makes very grim reading Ben and you will not like my reply. I was in a very similar position 15 months ago, I have the same car as you and it used to have a MBE 956 ECU. On the recommendation from club members I finally took the plunge and got my car sorted. Northampton Motorsport put in new sensors, wiring loom, an OMEX 600 ECU and they set it up on the rolling road. 

The good news is that my car has been faultless since, they really sorted it out big time. The difference was unbelievable and 15 months on I still can't stop smiling about it.

If you want it sorting once and for all then take the plunge. life is short and the sun is shining.

Oh dear, that makes very grim reading Ben and you will not like my reply. I was in a very similar position 15 months ago, I have the same car as you and it used to have a MBE 956 ECU. On the recommendation from club members I finally took the plunge and got my car sorted. Northampton Motorsport put in new sensors, wiring loom, an OMEX 600 ECU and they set it up on the rolling road. 

The good news is that my car has been faultless since, they really sorted it out big time. The difference was unbelievable and 15 months on I still can't stop smiling about it.

If you want it sorting once and for all then take the plunge. life is short and the sun is shining.

Yer it's been a rough couple of weeks waiting to see if Ian Oddie could fix it,but no joy Julie :(

Ian tells me that if I can find another one it shouldn't be a doddle to sort out..its just my luck that terry sold one only a couple of weeks ago.

But I know what your saying Julie,it would be nice to have reliable brand new ecu. Best get saving my penny's just in case:)

Hoping to see you very soon for a cup of tea & a taz round.

Thanks Ben

• Like 1

Not sure if this one is still there 967 but might use same map?

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/120045-mbe-967ef-ecu-loom/#entry1265322

Thanks Chris but I think it has to be a 956 for a straight swap what Ian Oddie tells me?im a bit green when it comes to ecu's & looms.

Yer it's been a rough couple of weeks waiting to see if Ian Oddie could fix it,but no joy Julie :(

Ian tells me that if I can find another one it shouldn't be a doddle to sort out..its just my luck that terry sold one only a couple of weeks ago.

But I know what your saying Julie,it would be nice to have reliable brand new ecu. Best get saving my penny's just in case:)

Hoping to see you very soon for a cup of tea & a taz round.

Thanks Ben

Should be a doddle* (should never write late at night ..lol)

Hi Ben

I may have one, just need to double check the model number. I swapped it over as there was an issue with the cold start and the cost to send it back to MBE and there turn around time/cost didn't warrant me doing as l needed one for the IVA purposes. The company who swapped it out said the ECU would be fine if you weren't overly worried about the cold start issue but like you, I had to rely on third parties to lead me !

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

That would be fantastic if you did..the cold would not be a worry because I could get Ian to fix it no problem.

Let me know how you get on & pm me so we can sort something out ;)

Thanks Ben

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.