Wonder why this car has a fuel and brake problem

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

It also looks like the diff isn't bolted to the prop, can't see any bolts.

Also spotted the tank straight to fuel pump with no filter..!

That's the standard setup, there's a filter after the pump and a built in filter in the tank for pre pump filtration. That's exactly how the Westfield build manual tells you to do it

But... looking at the picture. The pump and the tank "swirl pot" extension look to be the lowest point on the chassis. One close call with a speed bump will whipe the pump off the car.

But... looking at the picture. The pump and the tank "swirl pot" extension look to be the lowest point on the chassis. One close call with a speed bump will whipe the pump off the car.

Thats about how they are. Swirl pot is always the lowest point and the tank is sitting on its rails. Pump will always be below the swirl pot. Its the angle of the photo, that the back end is higher than the wishbones and hubs in reality.

That's the standard setup, there's a filter after the pump and a built in filter in the tank for pre pump filtration. That's exactly how the Westfield build manual tells you to do it

I didn't realise that there was an in-tank filter? Without it, having a filter after the pump is as good as useless to protect the pump..

the fine filtering on many car designs is primarily to stop debris getting to the injectors. Pump filtering is often quite basic by comparison.

Nothing to stop you adding extra, but be aware that there are special versions of filters for the "suction" side of the pump, which by their much less restrictive nature tend to be more "open" co pared to post jump filters that have plenty of pressure to push the fuel through fine filter elements.

• Like 1

It is beyond me how Glen gets away with it, I think every "marque club" that I know people to speak to regularly, or hear stories from, know him!