How much do you use yours?

Ben30R

I always think I'm going to sell it then take it out for a blast and all my worries etc are forgotten for a hour or so.

can't put a price on that.....

• Like 1

Entry to the 'Julie's Battle of the Odo's' competition is easy, just email a copy of your MOT certificate to peak@wscc.co.uk.

I wish I could factor in the fun rather than just the mileage when you consider someone like 'Andrew' who has been on track for 156 miles. Like the speed series drivers that trailer their cars to the track, I wish I could factor in their activities in too.

So I know and you know that it is quality not quantity that counts, but just for the competition can someone please enter it, even if it is just a few miles, £50 up for grabs and no-one wants it.

I would, but not due mots for another year or two yet!

I would, but not due mots for another year or two yet!

& club officers and AO's are not eligible to enter :(

I won discounted membership last year :yes:

Well the amount I have spent in fuel this year, it feels like I have already done a million miles.

• Like 1

We just did 1999 miles in 15 days, I knew I should've gone round that roundabout 3 times and it would have been 2000.

300 miles in my first week alone.

Worried for my 5k per year insurance limit already!

But then, I'm new to Westfield.

In my first year of ownership, I opted for 3k miles insured.  I too thought I'd use it all up in 6 months.

Truth is, by the time you average out the winter months, bad weather days, days when you can't get near the car for other commitments, holidays etc you don't seem to get anywhere near the mileage limit.

But then again, If you try hard enough....

In my first year of ownership, I opted for 3k miles insured.  I too thought I'd use it all up in 6 months.

Truth is, by the time you average out the winter months, bad weather days, days when you can't get near the car for other commitments, holidays etc you don't seem to get anywhere near the mileage limit.

You're not trying hard enough ;)

In a normal year, I do around 2000 miles over winter; there's typically lots of fine days in there, as long as you don't mind setting out while it's still a bit damp, or on a chilly day. (Mind you, this last year or two, there's been tee shirt driving weather days very late in the year, too. But then drive the car on a nice crisp chilly day and I guarantee it'll put a smile on your face! I nicknamed it cold weather supercharging the first time I experianced it, the engine really does feel that much more responsive, with that much more go.

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of the winter months of driving this year as the car was at Omex for two, three weeks at a time from early December through till February/March, I also didn't drive it that much when it was back, through till May due to family health issues, it's still managed to just pass the 6000 mile point this last weekend, from April last year, though!

You just have to grab the opportunities when you can, prepare for poorer conditions and go for it. You'd be surprised not only how often the poorer conditions don't materialise but how often you end up with nice days instead.

Of course, if your main enjoyment with the car is tinkering rather than driving, then please don't let me put you off! Tinker on, preferably with photos and tales of your work for a Tech Talk!! :d

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm a middle aged bloke with three children and a mortgage I currently do about 1200 miles a year in mine. The old MOTs show 14,000 miles for each of the first two years after I got it on the road. Part of the reason was that it was my only car for about 16 months - went a bit over budget on the build and had to sell my Astra. Living near some cracking roads was another reason. The down side is that the fibre glass is now rather tatty and a significant number of parts have been replaced. It was off the road for 8 years when the children were young & underwent a slow refurbishment on the rare occasions where I had cash and/or spare time. Still, the children like using it on the school run when they get a chance, though not all at once I should add.

One main downer of using it as an only car was that as fun as it was the Westfield was not quite so special to drive after a while, though I did get to know it really well. Now when I get in it after commuting in the Mondeo all week I get that "oh yeah" feeling again.

• Like 2

id agree.... Im ashamed to open the garage at the mo as its a bomb site after the engine build. periodically i peer around the side of the house to see if the car is there still... mine is stuck with a combo of mot ran out but only being half tuned so the long wait for an NMS appointment killed off the last month. not that ive been able to use it much anyway.

dave is right tho where there is a will there is a way. just a blast out here and there, it helps with no commitments tho so can just duck off for an hour in an evening.