Sport 250 first passenger ride

Rednop1

I was at the factory today collecting some part and got talking to Simon and was offered a ride in the new sport 250 and i didnt need asking twice

Anybody that know me knows that i'm a massive s2000 engine package fan so i was interested in how the two engines compare.

My test pilot was Mark walker on stepping into the car the first thing i noticed was the taller windscreen and side screen which have been taken from the sport turbo car and got to be honest they get the thumbs up from me and also the new digi dash package massive improvement over the old digi dash.We left the factory driving  through Kingswinford and one thing I noticed straight away was how quiet the new mazda diff was and the car performed as it should nice and smooth,The biggest difference from the s2000 motor is the induction and turbo noise but you get used to it,We got out on to the open road and the go faster pedal was pressed and oh my god its awesome the power is instant not one bit of turbo lag got to be honest I cannot believe how instant the power is and it delivers the power so smooth and sounds great. I'm sure if the car had wings it would take off.But if you have one of these cars on order or are thinking about ordering one the first option you should be buying is the bigger brake package trust me you will need it.

The biggest question is do I prefer this over the Honda motor I think I do as there is a massive potential to get 300bhp very easy out of this motor and I just love the power delivery

It was just a good job that I had left my debit card at home

Big thanks to Simon and Mark you left me with a big smile on my face all the way home thanks guys 

• Like 9

I think these could be a cracking car and good for touring or fast blast

I thought Simon would have memorised your card by now ;-)

• Like 2

Sounds great. I was looking over that car a few weeks ago when I picked some bits up, the 2.0l Ecoboost really fills the engine bay! I was surprised at how tightly packaged it all was. Would be interesting to find out the weight that the demo car comes out at.

Dont worry I have Ash's card details and have already taken a deposit, picked his options and colours.

• Like 4

I'm really interested in this car, so many thanks for the write up. I want one even more now!! 

• Like 1

I think these could be a cracking car and good for touring or fast blast I thought Simon would have memorised your card by now ;-)

I'm thinking of having my bank just add him as a second card holder is would just be a lot easier

• Like 1

Dont worry I have Ash's card details and have already taken a deposit, picked his options and colours.

ok just let me know when its ready for collection

• Like 1

We all know the Colours he'll be choosing...................   :p  :p

well I saw a new b 45 amg Mercedes yesterday in an awesome metallic green  I think it would need to be that colour

I am so excited to get ours completed and on the road. I am now especially glad that we went for the large brake pack!

Have any magazines tested one yet?  I am happy to volunteer to do a proper review for WSCC ;-)

Will there be one at Silverstone this weekend?