Blyton Thanks

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Fabulous weekend! Well done to John and his team! Looking forward to letting John Graham know how disappointed I am next time we loose a run because the British Sprint over run with their top 12 run off! ****!

• Like 3

It's been said before, but I'll say it again; thank you to John and the entire team for sacrificing their precious time, come rain or shine, to do such a great job.  It was a brilliant event in every way.

• Like 1

I echo what Del has said about the number of events we attend and do loose runs due to the British Sprint taking their top 12 run offs and despite time constraints the consensus is that they never hurry up and get on with it. Maybe he needs to lead petition to sort that out first cos it winds me up a lot!

Really enjoyed the event, shame the car and the weather weren't playing ball though. 

Needed to replace and injector on Sat and fix sticking throttle on sunday !

Thanks to all that helped make it another great WSCC Weekend.

A huge thanks to all the organising team.  Once again Blyton proved to be a thoroughly enjoyable weekend!

Keith

A Huge thanks to everybody involved in setting up this event and everybody who gave me such a warm welcome. Lots of surprised faces to say the least ;)

I forgot just how awesome these events were, particularly this one where I managed to catch up with many friends and people I've never met before, simply fantastic.

The learning curve has started once again, I've forgotten loads it seems, proof of that was when I fell off the track on my first practise :d :D :d

Happy Tiggs

I didn't hear the FTD speech because Mrs H and I decided to get off home as soon as the competition was finished. However I can say that this weekend we weren't held up at the start line by any of the single seaters.

In my experience, I think it is the British Hillclimb championship competitors who are much the worst. Harewood earlier this year was a disgrace. As a spectator on the Saturday I can tell you that there were plenty of times when there wasn't a single car (single seaters in the championship) down at the startline, they were still all up in the paddock, farting about, whilst the startline marshalls were just twiddling their thumbs. And that was only practice for their competition on the Sunday!!

BLOG POSTED

As everyone notes a great venue and brilliant place for WSCC to host its speed event. And like any competitor I fully appreciate the time and effort that John and the rest of the volunteer officials and marshals put into the sport, which couldn’t happen without them. You’re stars.

I may be getting grumpy with old age and the switch to a Formula Ford but I could understand John Graham’s comments on Sunday even if they possibly lacked some diplomacy, despite him acknowledging the work people had put into organising the event (and I certainly don’t see the need for personal abuse exhibited in some comments). Personally I’d have liked more runs both days and I think that could have been achievable with sufficient commitment, despite the weather. Interesting that in the last three years I have done this event it appears that we always get a total of four runs each day, except once in 2014 (and the first two events were in good weather). On the other hand it was brave to continue practice on Saturday morning, with late runners in the resumed P1 being warned of the huge puddles/lakes that awaited them (pity no such warning of the lethally slippery first corner and then chicane that awaited drivers on Sunday’s T1, despite the dry start).

So, well done all the organisers and officials. And thanks. But can we aim for a  minimum total four runs, expectations of five, and possibilities of six next year? Like any organising club, WSCC should be aiming to make their event better and more slickly run each season to give competitors the best possible value.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but as most competitors are already there from the day before and possibly quicker scrutineering / signing on etc, could Sunday start at 8:30 instead of 09:00?

David

Its often the local noise regulations that determine start and finish times 

Its often the local noise regulations that determine start and finish times 

Correct... we are confirming with the track owner on curfew times as we want to use the venue to the max but not fall out with the neighbours. We all would like to get more miles per £ for everyone.

There is a balance between the number of cars, curfew times and profitability. We want the most runs but at the same time keep the club out of the red. (which is done by limiting the field, but weather and recovery etc. have a big part to play on the turn arounds)

For information the weekend costs £22k+ to run (just waiting on final invoices for exact figures) and we don't always know the entry numbers till the week before; hence the early bird offering this year

I can assure everyone that comments both positive and negative are being talked about in the background by the SSOT and we would like to rejoice in our success and learn from our mistakes and make 2017 even better, for example looking at the option of the new Eastern Circuit for the event on Sunday to put something new into the mix.

• Like 2

I have to say I really don't understand the issue here - we got four runs on Sunday, five if you took the optional p2, and through rain and changeable conditions too. The circuit has a 5pm curfew and the last car finished at just after 3.30pm. I reckon it took about an average of 1 hour and 15mins to run each timed run on Sunday, so if the organisers had tried to fit another run in, it would have been a very close call. Had there been an incident or mechanical then there was a high risk of not getting through everyone - I'm sure people would have been much more upset had some people got another timed run when others didn't. I heard some frankly shocking and unsportsmanlike comments on Sunday afternoon about this and from people who should know better. Yes the organising team is new and as such learning all the time, but in this case and under those circumstances, in my opinion they made the right decision. And Alan did comment on the track conditions, pointing out where all the standing water was on each corner and apex over the tannoy before we restarted on Saturday. So once again, THANK YOU to the whole organising team, volunteers and supporters for making great decisions, keeping us all safe and competitive all weekend and for making a changes for Sunday that gave us all three timed runs.

• Like 7

I've lost the bussines card of the photographer...

Could someone paste the webpage here?

Also... I'm sure that being a club event... a lot of our members was shooting pictures... don't be shy and share!! I've love pictures. Is like being there again!!

http://www.jcbphotography.co.uk/gallery_702405.html

I have to say I really don't understand the issue here - we got four runs on Sunday, five if you took the optional p2, and through rain and changeable conditions too. The circuit has a 5pm curfew and the last car finished at just after 3.30pm. I reckon it took about an average of 1 hour and 15mins to run each timed run on Sunday, so if the organisers had tried to fit another run in, it would have been a very close call. Had there been an incident or mechanical then there was a high risk of not getting through everyone - I'm sure people would have been much more upset had some people got another timed run when others didn't. I heard some frankly shocking and unsportsmanlike comments on Sunday afternoon about this and from people who should know better. Yes the organising team is new and as such learning all the time, but in this case and under those circumstances, in my opinion they made the right decision. And Alan did comment on the track conditions, pointing out where all the standing water was on each corner and apex over the tannoy before we restarted on Saturday. So once again, THANK YOU to the whole organising team, volunteers and supporters for making great decisions, keeping us all safe and competitive all weekend and for making a changes for Sunday that gave us all three timed runs.

Bump. Well said BCF.

We go to so many places where we are always restricted to 2 practice runs 2 competition runs because that's the way it has always been and the organisers run it that way and don't want to change.

The WSCC has always done it's best to run an exemplar event, this year was no exception under the weather circumstances and our ability to keep it on the black stuff. (I wont mentioned Tigger's return and his agricultural detour as it was so good to have him back competing when he does so much on the scoring front).

• Like 1