Recovering deleted video from GoPro.

S7EVE_MAC

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a free method to restore a deleted file from my memory card? I accidentally deleted the file (2Gb) and I want to restore it, searching the web it's all about expensive software to do the job - is there no free method anyone is aware of?

Thank-you in advance.

Steve.

Thanks Geoff, in this instance the file has been deleted. I can't even see it. I cursed myself when I did it and took the memory card out straight away to prevent losing completely. Now I am stuck...

I have a Mac computer and I used an App called CardRaider

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/cardraider/

It costs $19.95. but you get a chance to use it for free before you buy it.

I used it to recover a lot of photos I deleted and they were recovered without a problem

As long as you haven't over-written the data (and if you've pulled the card out you won't have) there's a good chance of recovery with any decent "undelete" tool.

there are lots to choose from and most free to try.

As the go-pro uses standard Micro SD cards you should be fine.

If however you've formatted the card (as the go-pro tends to do under "delete / format all) then you may strugle (as formatting has the same effect on the old data as over-writing does).

Whether you pay for an undelete tool really depends on how much you want the video back

• Like 1

Thanks All. I've found the file using a tool, now I just need to stop being tight and splash the cash to retrieve it. Thanks. Steve.