SOLD - FULLY REBUILT FIESTA ST 2.0 DURATEC ENGINE HIGH SPEC FOR SALE

BLOGGY S7

It is with a heavy heart that I am selling my 2.0 Duratec engine. Genuine reason for sale, we are expecting our first child so the chances of getting time to play are being greatly reduced. This is engine is currently still in the build stages and can be sold as is, or built up for its new owner. I have left it in the build stages so that the new buyer can see everything that has been done to the engine, and can see that everything is brand new.

Please see the specification below:

• Engine is original from a 2008 Fiesta ST 67,000 miles.
  • Cylinder block has been checked chemically cleaned and re-honed etc by local engine reconditioner. They have been going for over 60 years and we use them to complete all our engine machining at work. (I work for a Vauxhall main dealer hence why always use Ford engines).
  • Crank has been machined with a keyway fitted.
  • New Crank timing chain gear to work with keyway.
  • New underdrive lightweight billet crank pulley.
  • Crank reground and fitted with new uprated main and bigend bearings
  • New original Ford pistons.
  • New piston rings.
  • New original Ford Connecting rods.
  • New Ford rear main oil seal
  • All new Ford timing chain kit complete with all guides etc.
  • Choice of timing chain tensioner. (Original Ford, or uprated semi mechanically chain tensioner).
  • Cylinder head fully chemically cleaned fitted with all new valves, properly lapped in.
  • Brand new Piper Camshaft kit DUR1892 (most aggressive cams that can be used with standard pistons, these are designed to work with throttle bodies)
  • Piper vernier pulleys.

I have probably missed something so if you have any question please ask.
I have not got a flywheel for the engine. This is because I intended to fit a steel flywheel. One of my best mates runs and owns RWD Motorsport. Therefore I could supply a steel Duratec flywheel to the new owner at the price it would cost me, this would be additional to the price for the rest of the engine. The price would depend on which type of clutch you want to fit.
I am not in any desperate need for the money so please no silly offers. This is effectively a brand new uprated engine. I am only looking to get back what I have spent on it thus far.

£1875 ono

Hi Paul.

Congratulations on the baby.

:d  :d:t-up:  :t-up:  

Hi Paul.

Congratulations on the baby.

:d  :d:t-up:  :t-up:  

Thanks Geoffrey.

Have you started planning next years Scotland trip yet?

Doesn't look like we will be able to join you next year if you plan one mind.

:down:  :down:  :( 

Hi Paul.

Yes next years trip is already underway.

You will be able to join us.

That's what nanas and grandads are for.

Babysitting and money.

I could do with a decent FORD engine for my Westy.. if only I had the cash! Ha ha ha! Congratulations on the wee one mate! :)

Nice looking Spec, any idea what sort of power it should make?

Hi scottish bloke it should make somewhere between 220-230bhp providing it is run on throttle bodies.

From the research I did before deciding which cams etc to go far there was quite a good response with regards mid range torque. This was important for me, as I wanted an engine that would give good response out of the slower corners as well as a decent top end.

Hope this helps?

• Like 1

May be worth advertising on other forums, will go well in a rally car.

GLWTS

Now the weekend is here I have had time to take some pictures. So I have attached them below.

P1020027.jpg

P1020028.jpg

P1020029.jpg

P1020030.jpg

This is just some of the new timing chain setup. Didn't want to get everthing out of the nice new boxes.

P1020038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.