Pressure washer fault question

Captain Colonial

Had a very frustrating day with the pressure washer doing the back garden. As long as it was running, all was well. If I stopped spraying to take a break, even for a second, it would refuse to start again, only giving out a very weak unpowered stream of water, unless I gave it a good shake or kick and it would then start and run normally without issue until I stop spraying again.

Finally got the washing all done, but need to strip the pressure washer down and have a look inside. I'm suspecting it's a bad or contaminated pressure relief valve. In the past when it was working normally, if it was powered and had water pressure but not actually operating (spraying), the pump would give a momentary blip every 10-15 seconds, which I assume was a pressure release action. Now that blip has stopped.

Anyone have experience or ideas please? The stupid thing drives me crazy and I'm not going to live with this rubbish every time I use it in future. Thanks all!

Scott, 

This is a car forum so I have edited your post :-)

Acceleration fault question

Had a very frustrating day with the Westy doing doughnuts in the back garden. As long as it was running, all was well. If I stopped accelerating to take a break, even for a second, it would refuse to spin again, only giving out a very weak unpowered power slide, unless I burried my right foot it would then spin and drift normally without issue until I stop powersliding again.

Finally got the drifting all done, but need to strip the carbs down and have a look at the ecu. I'm suspecting it's a bad or contaminated supercharger. In the past when it was boosting normally, if it was powered and had boost pressure but not actually operating (turbo), the throttle would give a momentary blip every 1-2 seconds, which I assume was a wheel spinning action. Now that blip has stopped.

Anyone have experience or ideas please? The stupid thing drives me crazy and I'm not going to live with this rubbish every time I want to do doughnuts in the back garden. Thanks all! 

• Like 3

Hi Scott

Had similar issues with what turned out to be a pressure inlet assembly fault. Found the advice and parts from here really useful:

http://www.espares.co.uk/browse/ma877/karcher 

Scroll down the page for videos and fault finding guides.

No good for doughnuts though...

Gary

• Like 1

I had the same , after spending hours stripping and re building I got it back to what I thought was OK,  but after using a borrowed newer one I realised mine was well past its sell by date so binned it and bought  new .

amazed at the difference and wish i had bought new earlier . convinced they lose 50% of there performance inside a couple of years regular use .