Petition to remove requirement for front number plate

Greenstreak-Andy D

Another pointless petition IMHO that the govt will pay little more that cursory lip service to if anything at all.

Can't see the problem with a number plate on the front of a car. It's a bit awkward on ours but for 99% of cars it just sits there. Just another 1st world problem

I liked displaying a tax disc to.. Even if to know when I'd have to stump up the next wedge... .. No probs with front plates here either.. Besides mines stuck on the nose and the jell coat is probably a lot fresher underneath.

Not that I think for a moment that it would happen, but...

Assuming that we'd end up with some of the other rules that go along with this in the US, where (some?) states don't require a front plate, I'd rather just have the plate!

As the only suggested benefit to this would be cosmetic i just cant see it happening and personally i would prefer to be able to identify other road users from either the front or back of their car.

What next? A petition asking for the removal of the character spacings so we can more easily spell words or maybe allow different font styles and colours? Sine their argument in favour is because ampr (note i've miss-spelled it the same as them) can read a rear plate perhaps we should do away with number plates completely and start fitting barcodes?

As the only suggested benefit to this would be cosmetic i just cant see it happening and personally i would prefer to be able to identify other road users from either the front or back of their car.

What next? A petition asking for the removal of the character spacings so we can more easily spell words or maybe allow different font styles and colours? Sine their argument in favour is because ampr (note i've miss-spelled it the same as them) can read a rear plate perhaps we should do away with number plates completely and start fitting barcodes?

Now the barcode idea I do like, would really suit my colour scheme :d

barcode_zpsyw5th7n3.jpg

• Like 1

That is a false and illegal plate! The bar code reader app on my phone couldn't read it. :)

Jen

• Like 1

That diffuser looks wicked.

Don't drive over any rabbits.

That diffuser looks wicked.

Don't drive over any rabbits.

Slice and dice!

If the front number plate is below the nose at least the rabbit is stunned before it goes through the bunny slicer. A humanitarian reason to keep front plates a legal requirement for Westfield's with diffusers at least.

Jen

• Like 2

I want to be that guy if that's one of his biggest concerns in life!

• Like 2

front plates are handy scratch protectors when your other half drives into the wall at tescos..... lots cheaper than a bumper repaint or a new wife :)

Front plates also provide a nice horizontal target for Scamera vans, who don't treat cars and bikes the same. Bikes don't have a front plate!

Sorry but won't happen:

1) London congestion charge works off front plate reader cameras which is why motorcycles don't get charged

2) Ditto average speed cameras in road works