SOLD MBE 956 ECU and Loom

Terry Everall

This MBE 956 ECU has just been completely checked over and new chip (EEPROM) installed etc by Ian oddie. It comes with a complete wiring harness for  a vauxhall XE red top engine using throttle bodies/injectors but could be used with other engines.

Reduced price if no harness required

Offers around £300 to WSCC before it goes on ebay

bttt

This MBE 956 ECU has just been completely checked over and new chip (EEPROM) installed etc by Ian oddie. It comes with a complete wiring harness for  a vauxhall XE red top engine using throttle bodies/injectors

Offers around £300 to WSCC before it goes on ebay

Hi, I've got the 956 on a XE and was thinking of an upgrade to a more modern ecu. Is the new chip an upgrade or a replacement? Thanks

I believe its a replacement and will be good for 15 years . There is not a lot wrong with the MBE 956 and many cars use them

Hi Terry,

My XE is on twin 45's and is standard apart from fast road cams. Would the ecu be suitable? Would a new loom be required? I'm currently using an old Alpha Webcon ecu.

John.

The loom is for injection and not carbs so it won't work AFAIK

The loom is for injection and not carbs so it won't work AFAIK

I'm no expert but I would think it should work as both have a throttle pot to gauge throttle position. Carbs should just mean that the ignition only is required and the injection elements just need disabling. Very worth investigation IMO

John

Are you using coil packs and not the old dizzy set up?

Coil packs but no tps. Doesn't sound like it will work but thanks anyway.

still for sale

Reduced to £250 before going on ebay

Sold

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.