Westfield parts shop lost patience no wheels!

Chrisj09

I thought it might be appropriate for me to give a quick update on the two things I've had on order. They are Honda/Omex throttle bodies and a set of Nitron shocks.

First the throttle bodies - these of course took much time to get sorted so that they would work to everyone's satisfaction and I was perfectly fine with waiting for the development to be finished. On 5/23 I was told that they would have a set ready for me that week and they would ship them right out. I was excited and looked forward to a note with a tracking number. On 6/3 I'd not heard anything so I wrote the parts dept and was told the gentleman I was dealing with was on vacation. I waited until he returned and on 6/14 I was told that he did not know why the ITB's hadn't been shipped and that they will dig into it and get me some info as soon as they knew more.

One week later, on 6/22, I'd not heard anything so I wrote once again and was told that they hoped to have parts that they can ship to me on Tuesday/Wednesday the 28th or 29th. No explanation was given as to why the parts that I was told would be ready to ship on the week of 5/23 did not ship and what has happened in the last month. Of course I suppose it's none of my business but it would have gone a long way toward making me feel better had I known what the wait was for. Even if a simple mistake was made it would have been good to hear. We all make mistakes and we're all just human and communication would have made it better even if the news didn't flatter the company.

Nitron dampers - I placed and order with the parts department on 4/8 for a set of Nitron dampers. I was told at the time that the lead time would be about 3 weeks. Periodically over the weeks I asked about them and was told that Nitron was very busy and running a bit behind. On 6/22 I wrote the factory to ask for an update on the shocks. While waiting for an answer i wrote to the Nitron factory and asked if I could order the dampers directly from them and they wrote right back and said yes I could. I told them I'd had a set on order from Westfield for the past 10 weeks and that for a reason I didn't know they had never been shipped. Nitron told me on 6/22 that they had just taken an order from Westfield for the very items I asked for and he thought that those might be the parts I requested and paid for in full 10 weeks prior.

I then heard back from the Westfield parts department and they told me that due to an "accounting issue" that my shocks were still two weeks away. There were suitable apologies for this. I was very nicely offered a full refund if I wished and was told that to help make things smooth that Westfield would refund me the cost of shipping. I of course can't know why the shocks were delayed. My total guess is that the order was never placed or that Westfield was in arrears with Nitron and the order wasn't accepted. This is 100% conjecture and guessing on my part but it's the only thing I can think of.

Since I'd already paid for the dampers I decided the let the order ride rather than go through the refund process and then have to the place the order once again with Nitron directly. It seems that Nitron is on it now and seems likely that I will see the shocks in about 2-3 weeks.......or 3 months or so from the time I placed, and paid for, my order.

I have been dealing with Simon at Westfield and he has been very nice to deal with and polite despite the frustration on both ends. I thank him very much for that. I feel like I'm nearing the end of the process and that I will, in the next few weeks, have the parts I have ordered. I have asked that the company give me a full and complete refund for both the shocks and the ITB's if the current timeline is not going to be met. I doubt it will come to this and I sincerely hope it doesn't as I really do look forward to having both of them.

I will once again update things when I have more news. FWIW I suspect that the factory is well aware of this thread and that they really do want us to have nothing but good news to report. I feel very much the same way and look forward to giving that report.

dave

Ask for a refund and then order direct from hispec. As most people say, long lead times are ok if they are accurate but 5 weeks turning into 5 months is ridiculous.

I would like to have the Westfield label on them. This makes it much more easy at our MOT / TÜV.

Also I guess I will end up getting less euros back (after 23.6.), as WF would send the money in GBP.

But it's a shame how WF is acting here, really disappointing...

Just for balance, I thought I'd note that I ordered a handbrake cable on Sunday from the parts shop and it arrived already this morning (Tues). I had an email confirmation of the order, but not of the dispatch which seemed surprising.

I'm guessing if they have it in stock then you will have it next day.

If they don't have it and you order it then you won't have one either.

To be honest I've only ever had one bad experience and as long as they have it in stock then the service is brilliant.

It's just so annoying that they aren't more open and honest about realistic timescales for items that they need to order.

Just a very quick update. I got word from Westfield that my ITB's and shocks have both shipped and the tracking shows that I should have them both this coming Thursday July 7th. I thank Westfield for making it happen and look forward to getting everything up and running.

dave

• Like 2

I'm very pleased to report that both my damper and ITB's arrived yesterday in good shape. The parts look great and I very much look forward to getting everything installed and the car on the road.

dave

• Like 1

I'm very pleased to report that both my damper and ITB's arrived yesterday in good shape. The parts look great and I very much look forward to getting everything installed and the car on the road.

dave

Great news!

• 3 weeks later...

It was promised that the brakes would have been send 2-3 weeks ago (again). Of course nothing happened. This time I wrote down the whole story and send a mail to Julian Turner (last Friday). I have not received an answer or anything yet, not from Julian or parts department.

Im totally frustrated and lost completely faith in WF :(

well, It's time to to breack a lance for westfield parts...

I've been due timing constraints, to take the risk to buy the lower steering wheel to westfield.

I had the Item at home in less than 24h.

Is the first time I' ve had a correct service from them, and thats why i'm duble surprised.

• Like 1

After I asked today again about the status, I was told that the brakes just arrived today and will be shipped to me asap.

I also received a tracking code, so that's a good sign!!

Hopefully I receive all that was ordered. I will keep you guys informed.

But it's really not good that it was needed to escalate this case so much.

I guess the package arrives on Monday.

It must be hugely frustrating especially the fact that you're overseas (it's bad enough for us here in the UK!). I've said this so many times before that if Westfield is simply honest and truthful with customers from the very start then a lot of the frustration that we experience can be avoided. Yes, we'd be maybe disappointed at timescales but we accept it as part of the suppliers pipeline issues, but by being fobbed off with false promises and empty apologies, it just compounds an already frustrating situation!

#Westfield Sports Cars - Be open, be honest, and be transparent with customers. Your apologies albeit probably initially sincere, losses its impact of simply repeated on those occasions that were fortunate enough to (1) get someone on the phone, (2) have someone respectfully return our call when promised!!

I have emailed Julian to complain and never got a response back. I feel thats not acceptable , that someone doesn't just have business sense but also manners to contact people back who complain.

Ironically , a friend popped in the other day and said she went to work and found a Westfield in her parking space. She went into work and asked who's it was. A work colleague said it was his. She said I was building a car and he said ' good luck with getting parts from Westfield, they were a nightmare'

I dont understand their business sense in leaving people high and dry and others pushing for people buying from somewhere else. It doesnt make it financially good for this to happen. Definitely has changed a lot , between the times of my two cars. 

I am nearly at the end of the bits I am waiting for now, just the roll bar and radiator and will breath a sigh of relief when these appear. But the various unanswered emails and phonecalls just isnt good practice. Even when my wife called them and they said, they would call her back. She replied, I doubt it, you never seem to. 

Woot, my brakes arrived today. Sadly the brake hoses are missing but they will send them "immediately".

I hope that story is soon coming to an end.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1