Looking for a Westfield that will scare me!

Sambomonkee

Nice vid, and thanks for the heads up on that one up north, bit far to pop over see really.

I also just had a ride in a 5l tvr that pushes out 340bhp, whilst it's not much faster than the Elise it has that wonderful noise.

I think I would maybe like to lean towards the seights, good or bad idea.

Anyone in Northants got one I could see

Thanks saw that one, but two things put me off, its be removed from eBay and then relisted multiple times which is fishy, and its not injection, the later not being a deal breaker.

Pinged the seller and email anyway,

This is the one I actually got out on the road, it was brtual, but do you think its worth the price?

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604022562000/usedcars?logcode=visc

Apparently bought off a forum member???

Edited by Sambomonkee

I new a little bit about seights and like all Westfield's spec is king, on that car I'd like to see better suspension, wide track wishbones and decent brakes. That's 2k you've just spent. Personally I think that exhaust is nasty and likey to be very loud causing you track day noise issues. That's another grand spent. I think 15k is where that car should be spend what I've just said and it'll be a great car.

I new a little bit about seights and like all Westfield's spec is king, on that car I'd like to see better suspension, wide track wishbones and decent brakes. That's 2k you've just spent. Personally I think that exhaust is nasty and likey to be very loud causing you track day noise issues. That's another grand spent. I think 15k is where that car should be spend what I've just said and it'll be a great car.

Was for sale on here for a LOT less than that!

Has the makings of a good car with a bit spent on it but that price of 20k is way off the mark imo.

Dave

I like the way it is doing nearly 30mph stood still, I guess that improves the 0-60 tomes by a fair bit.

My SEight is on the whole a much higher spec, and was a lot less than that car, but mine isn't blue and orange!

Yanto, want to sell yours??? ;).

What I might do then is go back and offer a much lower figure the guy can take it or leave it, otherwise I guess he will have it for a long time

• Like 1

The advert details (what little info it had) are removed but I'm sure it was around 11k from memory as I remember being tempted.

Little did I know that mine would get written off shortly after that

It was on here for £12000 which in my opinion is about right, even if the dealer paid the list price he's making not far short of £8000 on it at that price.

I actually viewed it in Apr 2015 when the previous owner first wanted to sell it (later on he removed it from sale, ran it last year on track and then re-advertised it a couple of months back. My impression was of a car that wasn't especially well built and really needed money spending on the suspension and braking setup and a good tidy of the electrics (and as someone on here noted, as new speedo, it's stuck at 30mph!). However (and please bear in mind my Rover V8 knowledge is not extensive) the drivetrain itself was pretty spectacular and had had a lot of money spent on engine, gearbox and diff. It went very well and sounded fabulous. For me it's a car for someone mechanically competent to buy for circa £11000 and then spend another few thousand and a lot of time on. At that point it could be a pretty special car.

• Like 1

Ok think we have come to agreement that works for both parties, a new brake setup is included in the price, which leaves some profit for the dealer.

I agree the electrics need sorting and a new dash speedo etc needs fixing. But it think it has potential

As a bit of an opposing post, I also have a Megabusa, weighs in at 490kg, standard engine 175bhp and I do not think it's that quick in a straight line at all to be honest, around the corners it excels, but from 60mph upwards it feels slow to me. Admittedly I am comparing it to my M5 which is 560bhp but it also weighs 4x as much. In my quest for speed I am now looking at fitting a tuned busa engine instead. (220bhp at a push). Busa engines are expensive to buy and tune, and not great to use in traffic either. I would suggest at looking at some car variants before committing. It all depends on whether you're looking to drive along the B-roads or track it. I recently tracked mine and realized what I had been missing out on. I don't have that urge to take it out on the roads anymore.

• Like 1

Congrats on coming to a deal on the Seight. Whereabouts are you based?

I thought long and hard on this very decision, very glad i opted for a Seight with a beast of a V8, not much touches it and its also very comfy to drive on long distances, the sound is unbeatable and beats bike engines hands down, not that I don't like bikes, I have quite a few.

I'll be selling mine come august, regrettably, to buy a house - will be the saddest day of the year for sure! :-(

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.