sport 250

Jeremy Farmer

IanK's was 644kg with full fuel tank.

Mine is now about 630kg with a full tank & a full cage.

As said above its properly going to be around 640 to 650kg depending on spec.

Andy

Mines around 660/670 kg (I think) with windscreen, heater, full interior trim, under seal, cavity wax treated chassis etc!

Mines around 660/670 kg (I think) with windscreen, heater, full interior trim, under seal, cavity wax treated chassis etc!

Yes, but yours has lift, Dave :d   :getmecoat:

• Like 3

:laugh: I like it, I shall now start quoting my cars weight thus:

540 kg @ ~142mph

I'm considering supercharging, so that I can get the weight down!

495 kg @ ~160mph...

• Like 1

My ecoboost engine and gearbox is sitting in the garage now. I can try and get some weights if anyone's really interested.

Is the mazda diff really that heavy? I have stuck with the sierra lsd diff purely because I had it and it's been rebuilt. I had presumed the sierra would have been the heavier of the 2.

Very interested! As will others be, I suspect...

Just another S2000 datapoint.........my Mega S2000 weighs 585 kg with 1/2 tank of fuel but it is really minimal. Aeroscreen, one seat, carbon rear panel instead of the luggage tray......etc.

dave

My S2000 (which was the factory demo car) was stated as 602kg when I bought it. 

I've since added a windscreen and wipers but not much else, so I'm guessing 620/625?

I must find a weighbridge near me and check it out sometime...!

Some 2.0 ecoboost related weights for those who are interested.

Complete engine with ancilliaries, turbo, inlet manifold and mx5 flywheel is 144kgs. That is with the AC compressor removed.

Mk3 mx5 gearbox comes in at 38kg.

So when I get a clutch sorted it will be in the region of 190ish kgs for complete engine and box.

• 4 weeks later...

We have reampped a number of the ST250 ecoboost engines now with amazing results, Stage 1 remap takes power to around 290ish bhp. With a good intake kit and exhaust your looking at 300hp plus.

Hopefully Westfield wont lock the BOSCH ECUs as they are really nice and easy to work on. If they do then we can remove them from the engine and work on them that way.... there is always a way around it ;)

This is of course unless they use an aftermarket ECU which i doubt they will.

Dan

Westfield won't be locking the ecu as it's the ford (assume bosch) item from ford racing. UK supplier is powertorque who don't even have the ability to modify the ecu maps. I imagine in time some uk tuners will be able to tweak it. Does however come with an 80 lbsft increase in torque out of the box over the stock ecu.