Carbon Half Doors Fitted - Sweet!

Kingster

More pics to go with answers about fitment:

Bungee bolted to JK and looped over the tail

IMG_0319.jpg 

Here is where it actually 'clips' in on driver's side - uses the lip I made in order to allow the JKs to fit and has some rubber trim & heatshrink to protect things - I'm still not 100% on this as if I move seat whilst driving in anger, it might flex and snap the rear pointy bit, so will probably do the same bungee method. But it does clip in very neatly and securely!

E7BE02F7-749B-4E99-90EB-1BAF8A7081D3.jpeg

camera angle makes the JK 'trimming' look more severe than it is here, but illustrates the way it clips in

And a shot showing front fixture and how neatly it clips in at the back (for now!)

A0D1E7D0-CA93-4CCC-A3D5-6FD1C36FA296.jpeg

• Like 4

How much difference do they make to the driving bit?

That's the same question I have..........

dave

i should imagine they make quite a difference as i find air tends to swirl in the cockpit area from the sides

Mine are not the carbon doors but the half doors have made a massive difference.

lot more comfortable in the cockpit, less rain gets sprayed in and my hands are warmer as they are not in turbulent air.

Half doors are worth every penny.

Thanks for that, good to know - I would also like to hear Chris's views as he runs with an aeroscreen.

I find that my aeroscreen means little turbulence anyway - but on the trip back from Stoneleigh, my right arm was soaked and passenger seat had a puddle in it - but the other Chris had half doors and an aeroscreen and was bone dry.

Full report in a week or so after driving through the forecast Thunderstorms on the continent!

Better check the fuel situation in France, before you go.it's on the news

• 2 years later...

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, is there any chance the pics can be brought back to life?  I’m keen to see some of these fitted. I did a forum search and lots have been bought then resold as new so not many seem fitted.

tia

Stu

1 hour ago, Bauer said:

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, is there any chance the pics can be brought back to life?  I’m keen to see some of these fitted. I did a forum search and lots have been bought then resold as new so not many seem fitted.

tia

Stu

That was DropBox - the swines changed their hosting rules a couple of years ago. 

I’ll add a few more pics as I mounted them better a few months after this post!

• Like 1

Early version of how I held them in place. Two pop rivets in the door with p-clips to connect bungee chord. Later on I used chord without hooks. 

EB4B77E2-9F33-44BF-9E11-4C3490DD8AA4.jpeg

FB6F0D34-7B95-476C-8969-A0D7D7521D70.jpeg

At the front I had a press stud that would easily pop off or act as a pivot. 

Initially I had the back pointy end hooked in place with a small bungee - now I have a cage and that holds the doors in place!

BECE0BD6-E63F-411D-B1C0-75D425ADDBB2.jpeg

don’t think I used this added fixing too much in the end - as I said been through a few incarnations and doors never fell off when not hooked in at the back. 

Also I repositioned them so they ended up flush (ish) with bodywork rather than early version where they kind of clipped in at the back. 

Can’t find any more useful pics though and as mentioned now have a cage so they fit differently

• Like 2

Just found earlier pics for the start of this thread too 👍

10 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Just found earlier pics for the start of this thread too 👍

Thank you, very helpful