Plays-kool Harnesses

Kevin (Mr T)

Just looking for a bit of advice, as I know a few of your have these fitted.

Mine arrived the other day, but it looks like I have asked for the lap belts too short

Playskool%20Harness_zpsqrfp0msd.jpg

What is the consensus on how much webbing there should be from the seat cut out to the buckle?

At the moment, I can't even get the second part of the lap belt in :down:

Can you post pic if buckle and end of lap straps

Can you post pic if buckle and end of lap straps

I will be back at the garage this evening Terry, so will take one then.

Have you adjusted the lap belts to let them out a bit?

With Playskool Harness being pull up that looks OK to me (although I've never used them!), you would have issue if seat had to go forward.

With Playskool Harness being pull up that looks OK to me (although I've never used them!), you would have issue if seat had to go forward.

Your right Dave, I sat in the car and the buckle isn't digging into me and I would be able to pull them tight.

The real issue is fitting. This seat isn't on runners and is mounted as far back as possible, so I have to attached the straps to the eye bolts before the seat goes in. Then I can get one strap through hole in the seat by manoeuvring it the seat as I put it in place and have no chance of getting the second one through, as the seat is then tight to the tunnel and side.

i have a brand new pair in box that you can compare . i not measured them  but i would want short. so if mine are longer your welcome to swap.

can you adjust the strap to as long as possible and then put your seat in

It's a fixed length from the fixing point to the buckle and it's getting the second buckle through that is causing scraped knuckles, much swearing and serious mood swings!

can you feed a peice of string through the buckle or wire and make it long enough for you to pull up through the seat

i have a brand new pair in box that you can compare . i not measured them  but i would want short. so if mine are longer your welcome to swap.

Certainly worth considering, if you can measure them Pete.

can you feed a peice of string through the buckle or wire and make it long enough for you to pull up through the seat

There's just no room for the buckle to find it's way past the seat and through the hole. I really need to have the seat angled up so the holes are above to tunnel and the side of the tub, pass the buckles through and drop the seat down. I don't see any other way to do it. That would mean having another 5 - 6cm on that part of the strap.

Another possibility - would be opening up the harness holes in the seat down towards the seat base and slightly fore and aft to give you enough room to maneuver into place.

This shouldn't effect seat structure as long as you keep it to flat section, you could always put re-enforcement along top edge to be sure if you wanted.

Do you have internal panels on the outsides of the cockpit?

mine are 11" from eye bolt to buckle .and length of belt extended 39"

To me, it looks you've the lapstrap buckle in the right place in the photo, mine are right there where yours are.

If you need to make them longer then you can add a steel strap between the mounting point and the lap strap fitting.    It's what I had to do with mine.