Auto Garage doors

Timmay Zoom Zoom

If you go for the roller, make sure it has a locking mechanism when fully down. Some cheap roller doors don't have one and can be forced open with a car jack. Mine has a sort of elbow arrangement that stops any possibility of the door being forced up.

I dont get bogged down with the security really.

The house and garage are insured, as are the contents as well as the Westfield.

The westfield never has keys in it and the steering wheel is always in the house not the garage.

If someone really wants to get in they will, no matter how strong the door is.

• Like 1

I wouldn't pay too much heed to the insulation value either. They're usually metal, very thin and have a token filling of foam - more to stabilise the thin hollow extrusion than anything. Draught stripping on roller shutter types is more important IMO. When it's closed make sure the top of the shutter sits against the outside escutcheon to keep draughts out too. It is a function of limit switch setting accuracy.