Hethel 1st May

graham frankland

Hi All

Just a brief summary of Hethel yesterday!

Although there was not many Speed Series entries it was great day to see so manyfriends and WSCC personalities around the paddock.

In addition the weather was kind apart from head wind on the home straight!

It was great to see David Hussey as Club Steward and Martin Hepworth my old sparring partner from Class C.

Matt Hillam was there with Steve Broughton in the Dallara and Matt's previous experience of Hethel resulted in him getting the better of Steve on the day.

Pete Goulding provided great entertainment at one moment having lost his glasses inside the cramped quarters of his new single seater. I am not sure if his much abused wife will provide the essential paddock support services at his next event!

Del got the drop on Garry in the Dick Spanner orange machine and my unexplained run of miserable times continues.

The only downside of the day was that we only got one practice run. Because the weather was so good and universally acclaimed as the best event of the season so far, many of the competitors went for it and over did it many times with a considerable number of offs. None were serious but they did incur considerable track sweeping activities after each occurrence.

To comply with the MSA Blue Book we all had to actually sign away our entitlement to a second practice run so that the 100+ entrants could get 2 qualifying timed runs.

The banter around the paddock was good with our friends from Borough 19, Lotus 7 club and the Lotus On Track Elise drivers.

Very enjoyable day and back home by 6-30pm.

Glutey (trainee event reporter)

• Like 5

well done Matt. 

I hope you stayed around for the prize giving and speech Graham ;-)

Like it!

Matt does not like me making speeches particularly when he is hungry!

As you know he is hungry all the time!

Glutey

Was a great day on Sunday.

Such a shame there were so many offs and many drivers either not paying attention during the driver briefing or during their track walk as many of them missed the turn off for the holding area after completing their practice lap, which held things up for everyone. Maybe the next even they could position a marshal near the turn off for the holding area to wave a flag/arrow so people don't miss it.

I was struggling with under-steer at the hairpins, but otherwise the car went well.

Does anyone have details of how the car should be set up Tow, Camber etc which might help my under-steer issues?