New owner, new member, new beginnings

binjoau

Hello, my name is Alex and I recently purchased my first Westfield. After visiting Stoneleigh yesterday I had the opportunity to sign up and become a member!

So a little bit about myself and the car, I am 31 years of age and have always been car crazy. I returned to the UK 2 years ago following 8 years in Canada and have had a few fun motors over the years but always craved a pure drivers car like a Westy.

Whilst in Canada I was very involved with the Subaru community there and was a founder of the main Subaru owners club in the province where I lived. I also used my time there to build my own personal car up to a reasonable 620hp which was quite a blast. My long standing involvement in the Subaru community makes me miss the social aspect and I am keen to get to some of the local events and have a good chat plus absorb all the advice I can about this new platform.

Picture of the old girl for reference, if anyone is interested on the spec on the car I am always happy to discuss it, even though it did end up with a 21 year old who blew the gearbox 2 weeks later!

So on to the new girl....

I purchased the car from a lovely couple Malcolm and Donna near Toddington, I believe some of you will know the car thanks to its unique snow camo theme. The car is a 2004 Megabird which received a full body off rebuild / restoration back in 2013, powder coated chassis and suspension, sierra rear diff, stack dash, minilite wheels, v8 bonnet, westfield dry sump etc. The car doesn't have a reverse which is taking some getting used to but the performance and sequential box remind me of my bike days.

I plan to use the car for the road and a few track days, its obvious that a lot of love has gone into it and both Malcolm and Donna were a bit emotional letting it go after having owned the car since its build 12 years ago. With that in mind I hope to build on the car with my own personal twist but be respectful of some of the unique work that has gone into it.

• Like 1

Why have you posted two pics of an empty car park?

Welcome to the club, I was admiring that car yesterday - would also love to hear more about the Subaru...

• Like 1

:ww:

Here are a couple of pictures that I took of your car yesterday.

IMG_8900_zps15qo1jxp.jpg

IMG_8901_zpsbojoqbpo.jpg

• Like 1

Haha I appreciate the jokes, yeah the Subaru was enjoyable, il post up a full spec of the build when I get back to the house.

I've got a few questions about the Westfield already so will be hoping for some friendly advice. Fortunately with these cars being toys I am hoping for and have so far received mature answers to my questions, something you don't always find with youthful car people!

Yes of course.

Can you PM me your email address or sent it to the address in my signature.

:ww: from Essex.    Hope you don't park it in a forest with snow, you'll never find it again.

Love it's unique look.

I have only turned the background to black and white.

Your car is still the original colour.