slick punctures

pete g

after my last event at north weald i picked up a screw in the rear tyre that punctured it . [surprise surprise good old north weald]

any any bmtr say you cant repair .so this true or not.

i have had it done at my local but they did it twice and it still weeping . only lost 1psi  over 1 day . but still minor bubbles appearing around the repair.

will it  seal up or get worse . only done 3 events and they are bl**** expensive to replace

Ask on uphill racers. I believe it is not strictly possible but some have developed their own fixes (Steve Miles aka Mole Racing for example)

was told by some one they just stick a cut oring in the hole lol and it seems to work

I think Steve used some gunge of some sort on the inside like Sikaflex or similar but don't remember the exact thing

david  i have puncture repair kit  but had mine done proper at tyre shop but because the rubber is so soft it dont seem to have fully sealed . just wondered if there was a repair for softer tyres

Find somewhere that will do a hot vulcanised repair as it will be the best repair you can get, far better than a plug or a patch, any decent repair should not leek any air

That doesn't sound right Pete

Did they pull through a proper repair plug with bonded inner patch?

i was not there but they said it was a perfect repair no problems but i have a very minor bubbles appearing arounf the repair . its only dropped 1psi over the 24hour period

but can see the rubber plug is so much harder

You cannot repair these Pete. There is no rubber on the inside of the tyre to adhere to. Although I do like the sount of trying sikaflex!

well checked tyre and its lost no pressure since last week now . so hethel will be **** or bust 

• Like 1

S...t or bust suits your driving style Pete :getmecoat:

well it held up to 140mph  :p

• Like 5

well it held up to 140mph  :p

What happened at 141mph? :o

• Like 2