Avon ZZR supersofts - pls read if you need tyres this year !

XTR2Turbo

The BMTR lorry was at Prescott for the BHC event this weekend and I had a quick chat to Paul Nicholls who is the Race department manager.

I enquired about buying some 215 ZZR in supersoft to which the reply was they will no longer order any as no demand as all clubs had moved to ZZS.

This was the same as he said to someone else earlier in the year.

I mentioned that WSCC still allowed 1C and chatted a bit more and he did say that the tyres are made in the UK and he needs to order a batch of 100 from Avon for them to consider manufacturing them.

He said that if there was interest in say 20 or so tyres from WSCC then he would get in an order and then carry the balance in stock.

So who out there in the speed series is running Avon or Khumho 1C (which also seem out of stock everywhere) and would need tyres this year and be interested in making up the numbers?

If so please add your name to the list below and I will go back to Paul.

Regards

David

There's an assumption here that Speed Series will continue with 1C.

And they may supply them now, but what about in 6 Months, 12 Months etc etc. for longer term viability? I'd be suprised if there would be a guarantee on future supply.

No assumption for next year.  But if anyone will need any this year, unless we get together and order now you won't get them.

No assumption for next year. But if anyone will need any this year, unless we get together and order now you won't get them.

True

i already have 4 good nearly new and 2 brand new .so im ok  at the moment

Whether the Speed Series will continue with 1C for next year is yet to be decided. However as David has pointed out if there is no demand for them then Avon will cease to make them. I DO KNOW that Lotus 7 Club & some of the Midland Hillclimb competitors would like to use them but did not change there regs for this year, so can't. Their likely demand together with ours should provide sufficient business for Avon to continue making them. Over to you guys.

I can get stock of these in 3 weeks time at the same price as BMTR, possibly cheaper, not too sure what they're charging these days.

I can get stock of these in 3 weeks time at the same price as BMTR, possibly cheaper, not too sure what they're charging these days.

Luke - presumably you need a minimum quantity to order from Avon also?

might  sell mine as i cant see me using them now.

Pete you have pm

might sell mine as i cant see me using them now.

Unfortunately market is poor :( plenty on flee bay.

Mine haven't sold :(

2 of mine brand new never used

Luke - presumably you need a minimum quantity to order from Avon also?

Nope. But I'll double check this tomorrow. Nothing was said when I wanted some last week, they just won't have any for another 3 weeks.

Ok thanks Luke.  Please post up prices and availability when you have it.

David